Friday, March 9, 2012

FOLLOW FRIDAY (19) and TGIF (10)

Gain New Blog Followers
Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, Rachel of Parajunkee and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!


This Week's Feature Blogs:
Photobucket
NovelDays

HLBBlogButton Feature & Follow #87
Hesperia Loves Books


Q: Have you ever looked at book's cover and thought, This is going to horrible? But, was instead pleasantly surprised? Show us the cover and tell us about the book.



I avoided reading Nalini Singh's amazing and original Psy-Changeling series due to the covers.  I read a lot of romance so I have seen my fair share of bad covers, but there was something about these that just turned me off.  Thankfully, I finally plunged into Slave to Sensation and, before I knew it, I had read every single book and was anticipating each new installment.  I just wish that Ms. Singh was provided better covers for her wonderful series!

**********************

Hosted by Ginger at GReads.

This Friday's Question: 
Promote An Author: Is there a particular author you wish got more recognition? Pick one author & tell us why we should read their work.

MIRANDA NEVILLE


She is a historical romance author who is slowly gaining popularity in the literary world.  Neville has currently published four romances with another one due to be released at the end of this month.  What I enjoy about Neville's work is that she takes romance novel stereotypes and gives them an entertaining twist such as the makeover of a hero rather than the heroine (The Dangerous Viscount).  She understands the medium of historical romance and uses that knowledge to give her books an original feel.

***Booklist***
Never Resist Temptation
The Wild Marquis (The Burgundy Club #1)
The Dangerous Viscount (The Burgundy Club #2)
The Amorous Education of Celia Seaton (The Burgundy Club #3)
Confessions From an Arranged Marriage (The Burgundy Club #4)



4 comments:

  1. I think that those covers would put me off that series too - Thanks for sharing it with us though - it means I will check it out now despite the artwork!

    Hope you have a great weekend!
    Stephanie
    P.S. Don’t forget to enter my International Giveaway of 3 books, a journal, bookmarks and more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked Nalini, too. XD These covers. URGH!!!

    Patricia // My FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love historical fiction so I really need to check out The Burgundy Club! Thanks for recommending this author! Have a good weekend!

    Darlene @ Leather Bound and Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, totally forgot about Singh's horrible covers. Love the series though. Thanks for stopping by.

    Jennifer @ Reading and Writing Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.