Thursday, March 15, 2012

BOOK BFF (1): Cat

This is a new feature started by the lovely ladies at Reading Lark.  It was inspired by the wonderful My Book Boyfriend meme hosted by The Unread Reader.  The point of Book BFF is to feature a female character who you would love to be friends with in real life.  I love the idea so I decided to try it with my all-time favorite female character ever!!

Catherine Crawfield Russell "Cat"
from Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress series



Appearance: Red hair, blue eyes that turn green when she gets her vampire on, pale skin, tall and muscular yet curvy build

About Cat:
  • Born half-vampire, half-human.
  • Known as the "Red Reaper".
  • Began killing vampires on the weekends during high school.
  • Very strong, quick healer, and other abilities I won't mention in order to avoid spoilers.
  • Has a clever wit that truly shows itself when she is threatened, physicaly or emotionally.
  • Has a few insecurities regarding her mistreatment in high school, but tries not to let them control her.


Her Man: Bones...that snarky and sexy British vampire hitman. (See his My Book Boyfriend post here)

Quotes from Cat:

"I'm saying that I'm a moody, insecure, narrow-minded, jealous, borderline homicidal bitch, and I want you to promise me that you're okay with that, because it's who I am, and you're what I need." --Halfway to the Grave   
"Aside from the obvious, Francesca, what do you want in return for supplying information?" Bones asked, getting back to the subject. "You to take me," she replied at once. "Not gonna happen!" I spat, squeezing him possessively. Three sets of widened eyes fixed on me. That’s when I realized that what I had a firm grip on was no longer his hand. --Halfway to the Grave

"You know that old saying. Once you go dead, no one's better in bed." --One Foot in the Grave

"Bones, what is everyone doing in here? Spade, cover up. Frigging vampires think everyone wants to see what they've got." --At Grave's End

The image I'd had of myself as a child was someone I'd never be, and it was only recently that I realized it was okay to be who I was. --This Side of the Grave

"This isn’t the first time I’ve faced death, and I don’t intend for it to be the last," I said, repeating the same words he’d told me before fighting in that fateful duel. "I’ve chosen to live a dangerous life, but it’s who I am, and that wouldn’t change even if we’d never met." --One Grave at a Time


My Cat: Pageant queen Alyssa Campanella...I found her through a Cat discussion on Goodreads.

1 comment:

  1. I love doing my Book Boyfriend and often thought about the awesome girls we read about. I have not heard of the BFF but I am so doing this next week. Cat sounds cool. Thanks for sharing her with us.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.