Tuesday, February 21, 2012

TOP TEN TUESDAY (14): Books I'd Save During a Natural Disaster, Alien Abduction, etc.


Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

TOP TEN BOOKS I WOULD SAVE IN THE CASE OF A NATURAL DISASTER, ALIEN ABDUCTION, ETC.


1. Harry Potter series by JK Rowling
Okay, I know I am cheating, but I couldn't choose just one of these amazing books. 

2. Complete works of William Shakespeare
Confession time: I am a huge English geek and I do own a complete set of all of Billy's plays and sonnets. 

3. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
One of my all-time favorites that I need to have at hand whenever I feel the urge to re-read it again.

4. Number the Stars by Lois Lowry
Historical fiction that would help remind me that things can always be worse.

5. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
I would never get bored with all the twists and turns in this time-travel romance.

6. Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie
Absolutely hilarious which I would probably need after such a tragic event...

7. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
So sweet and really helped seal my interest in YA romance.

8. Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
I almost cheated with this series as well, but I decided that I could pick just one if I had to.

9. The Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia Quinn
My favorite historical romance that always makes me smile and cry, sometimes simultaneously.

10. There's A Nightmare In My Closet by Mercer Mayer
Favorite picture book ever!!



8 comments:

  1. I agree - Outlander is one you can read numerous times and still pick up something new!! (I'm currently listening to Dragonfly in Amber.)

    -Jac @ For Love and Books
    (Top Ten / Teaser Tuesday)

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Kill a Mockingbird is one that just barely didn’t make my list! I love that book so much though! You have a great list here!

    Darlene @ Leather Bound and Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can completely agree with the first four books and number eight. I may have to look into the other books now... Great list!

    Thanks for visiting my Top Ten.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, those would be good to have with you! Nice choices!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel dumb because I didn't even put any Shakespeare on my list. Didn't even think about it, although so many other people did. But, I didn't forget some Dickens, at least.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe I forgot about To Kill a Mockingbird!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.