Wednesday, February 29, 2012

MY BOOK BOYFRIEND (27): Cam Rohan


My Book Boyfriend is an awesome weekly meme hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader all about fictional boys who make us swoon.  This week I am swooning over Cam Rohan from Lisa Kleypas's Mine Till Midnight.  He also appears throughout the Hathaways series as the family's patriarch.  

About Cam:
  • Half-Irish, Half-Romany (Gypsy).
  • Black hair, hazel eyes, tan skin, diamond stud in one ear.
  • Raised in a gambling club by his foster father.
  • Manages the same club for his foster brother-in-law. (St. Vincent from Kleypas's Devil in Winter)
  • Has to deal with being between two worlds: that of the Rom and the British upper class.
  • Sees the Hathaways as his own Gypsy tribe and is extremely protective of them.


"He was every bit as well dressed as the gentleman on either side . . . but it was obvious this man was no gentleman.  He was black-haired and swarthy and exotic.  And he moved with the swift grace of a cat, easily avoiding the swipes and lunges of his opponents."  --Mine Till Midnight


 

Rohan's fingertips drifted with stunning delicacy over her throat, behind her ear, pushing into the satiny warmth of her hair. "You are an interesting woman Amelia."
Gooseflesh rose wherever his breath touched. "I can't f-fathom why you would think so."
His playful mouth traced the wing of her brow. "I find you thoroughly, deeply interesting. I want to open you like a book and read every page." A smile curved the corners of his lips as he added huskily, "Footnotes included." --Mine Till Midnight




"The Rom believe you should take the road that calls to you, and never turn back. Because you never know what adventures await." ... "So we're going to take this road," he murmured, "and see where it leads." --Mine Till Midnight




"The worst part about loving someone, Merripen, is that there will al­ways be things you can't protect her from. Things be­yond your control. You finally realize there is something worse than dying . . . and that is having something hap­pen to her. You have to live with that fear always. But you have to take the bad part, if you want the good part."
Kev looked at him bleakly. "What's the good part?"
A smile touched Cam's lips. "All the rest of it is the good part." --Seduce Me at Sunrise



Cam held her closer. "Marry me, Amelia. You're what I want. You're my fate." One hand slid to the back of her head, gripping the braids and ribbons to keep her mouth upturned. "Say yes." He nibbled at her lips, licked at them, opened them. He kissed her until she writhed in his arms, her pulse racing. "Say it, Amelia, and save me from ever having to spend a night with another woman. I'll sleep indoors. I'll get a haircut. God help me, I think I'd even carry a pocket watch if it pleased you." --Mine Till Midnight


My Cam: Tennis player and Armani model Rafael Nadal


Here is the video that really inspired me to choose Rafael for Cam


About Mine Till Midnight:
When an unexpected inheritance elevates her family to the ranks of the aristocracy, Amelia Hathaway discovers that tending to her younger sisters and wayward brother was easy compared to navigating the intricacies of the ton. Even more challenging: the attraction she feels for the tall, dark, and dangerously handsome Cam Rohan.
 
Wealthy beyond most men's dreams, Cam has tired of society's petty restrictions and longs to return to his "uncivilized" Gypsy roots. When the delectable Amelia appeals to him for help, he intends to offer only friendship--but intentions are no match for the desire that blindsides them both. But can a man who spurns tradition be tempted into that most time-honored arrangement: marriage? Life in London society is about to get a whole lot hotter….

7 comments:

  1. Oh Jennifer! You are so creative! That was a very inspirational video indeed. And that last quote really made me melt. What a sweetheart! Thanks for introducing me to Cam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the pic where he's laying on that table/bench! HOT! Oh and I just got this book from the library last week...now I need to read this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That footnotes quote...Dizzam. I'm loving the sound of this guy here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG OMG he is amazing!! I need this book!! :) :) Great pick! Thanks so much for sharing! :) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. New to me but great quotes and hot pics!
    I'll sleep indoors. I'll get a haircut. God help me, I think I'd even carry a pocket watch if it pleased you.
    This made me chuckle.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.