Wednesday, February 22, 2012

MY BOOK BOYFRIEND (26): John Matthew


My Book Boyfriend is an awesome weekly meme hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader all about fictional boys who make us swoon.  This week I am swooning over John Matthew aka Tehrror from JR Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series.  Readers first meet John as a pretrans vampire in Lover Eternal and he is a major side character throughout the series.  He receives his HEA in Lover Mine with his kickass shellan Xhex.

About John Matthew:
  • Real name is Tehrror.
  • Reincarnation of BDB warrior Darius.
  • Born without a voice box so uses ASL to communicate.
  • Raised in an orphanage until reaching age 18.
  • Did not know he was a vampire until early 20s.
  • Extremely protective of those he cares about.


The essential truth of life, he was coming to realize, wasn't romantic and took only two words to label: Shit.  Happens.  But, the thing was, you kept going.  You kept your friends and your family and your mate as safe as you were able.  And you kept fighting even after you were knocked down.



The truth was...he was in love with her.  Totally over-the-line, no-going-back, not-even-dead-would-he-part kind of shit.





John leaned in and pressed his lips to hers; then he stretched out beside her.  His body was exhausted but, his heart was alive with a joy so pure it was like the sunlight he didn't get to see anymore.  He was a mute-ass motherfucker with a nasty past and a night job that involved fighting evil and slaughtering the undead.  And in spite of all that...he'd gotten the girl.



He traced over her features with his fingertips.  And as he did, for some strange reason, he felt the arms of infinity wrapping around them both, holding them close...linking them forever.
Yes, he mouthed.  I would hold you up.  I will ever hold you dear, lover mine.
As he fused their mouths, he thought that was his vow to her.  Mating ceremony or not...that was his vow to his female.

My John Matthew: Jed Hill

8 comments:

  1. Jed Hill...YES! Perfect JM.

    I love JM and his friendship with Qhuinn and Blay! I love reading about them. Poor JM, his story was so sad, and he had to go through a lot. I'm so glad he found his way, and got his HEA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved John Matthew too! I think Jed Hill is a fantastic choice for him.

    That being said, I am still not a fan of Xhex but I am glad they are together because JM wanted it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Jed Hill is perfect! Love this series and love John Matthew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I WANT I WANT GIMME!
    John Mathew's story is so heartbreaking and when you finally reach his book you have read so much about him already from the previous books that it's easy to feel a deeper connection to him than most of the brothers. I am waiting on Thorment's book, I know I am going to be a sobbing mess when I finally get it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Jed Hill guy is HOT! I likey! LOL I've still only read the first book so far but the BDB boys seem to be a hot pick for this meme! Got to catch up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm hearing great things about the BDB guys! I finally got the first in this series! He sounds like a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do primarily YA PNR etc... but when I put my big girl panties on, this is one of my fav series!

    Jed Hill is absolutely hot, hot, hot! My heart's a thumpin' double time!

    Poor John has been through hell but he did get his HEA that he so deserved, I love a good happy ending :o]

    Bravo, Chica!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not familiar with this series, but your boyfriend is cute. :)

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.