Wednesday, February 15, 2012

MY BOOK BOYFRIEND (25): Eidolon


My Book Boyfriend is an awesome weekly meme hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader all about fictional boys who make us swoon.  This week I am swooning over Eidolon from Larissa Ione's Pleasure Unbound.

About Eidolon:
  • Black hair, blue eyes, tall, muscular
  • Seminus demon (a rare type of incubus)
  • 100 years old
  • Doctor who specializes in demonic medicine
  • Head of Underworld General Hospital (UGH!)
  • Determined to find his mate before reaching s'genesis (final maturation cycle that causes Seminus demons to lose all sanity in pursuit of impregnating as many females as possible)
  • Completely devoted to his brothers Shade and Wraith. 
    • BTW I have previously done a MBB post for Wraith here.

Gradually, her vision came into focus, and whoa...she must be in another realm, because the dark-haired man staring down at her was a god.  His lips, glistening sensuously as if he'd just licked them, were moving, but the buzz in her ears drowned out his words.



"You keep licking your lips.  Are you nervous?"
"They're just dry."
The darkness in his gaze intensified as he watched her, and then he dipped his head until their lips nearly touched and she could feel the softest draft of air in the span of distance between them.  "I can help with that."



"You keep surprising me," she murmured as he slid the plate in front of her.
"Because I can cook?  I'm a hundred years old.  You learn a few things in that much time."
"I guess I'm just surprised that you're so...domestic."
Grinning, he pulled up a stool next to her.  "I do my own laundry, too."



"Eidolon isn't an idiot.  He's one of the most logical, annoyingly intelligent males I've ever met, human or demon.  He isn't so desperate that he'd lock himself into a lifetime of misery with a female who might turn on him or who might be a bad mother to his children.  Yes, his life and his hospital mean everything to him, but he'd rather die than be bound to a female he doesn't love.  He loves you, Tayla."

 

He'd looked for a mate for so long, and now that he'd found the most perfect female he could imagine, he couldn't lose her.  Wouldn't lose her. Tayla was his life.  A growl rose up in his chest as he stalked into the bedroom, the need to lay his claim on her, to show her she was his and that she had better keep herself safe, turning him into a creature of pure instinct.


My Eidolon: Nathan Kamp

About Pleasure Unbound:

In a place where ecstasy can cost you your life... 

Tayla Mancuso is a demon-slayer who hungers for sensual pleasure-but fears it will always be denied her. Until Tayla Mancuso lands in a hospital run by demons in disguise, and the head doctor, Eidolon, makes her body burn with unslakable desire. But to prove her ultimate loyalty to her peers, she must betray the surgeon who saved her life. 

Two lovers will dare to risk all. 

Eidolon cannot resist this fiery, dangerous woman who fills him with both rage and passion. Not only is she his avowed enemy, but she could very well be the hunter who has been preying upon his people. Torn between his need for the truth and his quest to find his perfect mate before a horrific transformation claims him forever, Eidolon will dare the unthinkable-and let Tayla possess him, body and soul...




12 comments:

  1. My lips are dry too! I need to call up Eidolon and tell him to help me out! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember reading that years ago, I'm sure I was drooling, nice pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice and pictures. I loved Eidolon's character.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Third pic he could be Clark Kent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I need to give this series a go. And what a unique name for a hero. Lovely pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of the things I love about My Book Boyfriend is getting introduced the new characters. Eidolon sounds like a great guy to read about. And by the way...I love this months Man Candy. That is a great picture of Paul Walker.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard good things about this series. I haven't read anything by this author yet but I definitely plan to check her out sometime. Great quotes too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa,friggin hawt!
    I've never heard about this series before. It looks great!
    I like the domestic thing quote, and pic him with glasses, kinda fancy guya with glasses xD
    Nice pick this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eidolon sounds dreamy. I want one *quivery lips*
    Nathan Kamp is so very hawt! UNF

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have heard amazing things about this series. It's on my tbr pile. I'm thinking I need to move it up a bit. New follower here!
    Reading Lark After Dark's Book Boyfriend: Vishous

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.