Wednesday, February 8, 2012

MY BOOK BOYFRIEND (24): Luc Martineau


My Book Boyfriend is an awesome weekly meme hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader all about fictional boys who make us swoon.  This week I am swooning over Luc Martineau from Rachel Gibson's See Jane Score.



About Luc:
  • Has blue eyes and dark blonde hair.
  • Goalie for the Seattle Chinooks hockey team.
  • Known by the nickname "Lucky".
  • From Alberta, Canada.
  • Takes care of his much younger sister.
  • Very superstitious.



"He was bare from the waist up, and he'd wrapped a towel around his neck.  The ends hung halfway down his chest, and as he watched her approach, he shot water from the plastic bottle into his mouth.  A bead of moisture dripped from his bottom lip, slipped down his chin, and dropped to his sternum.  Leaving a trail of moisture, it descended the defined planes of his chest and hard stomach and dipped into his navel.  He had a black horseshoe tattooed on his lower belly.  The shadowing of the groove and nail holes gave depth and dimension to his flesh, and the heels curved upward on each side of his belly button."





"You've been driving me crazy.  With your hair that makes me wonder what it'd feel like tangled around my fingers." His hand grasped the back of her raincoat, twist the material in his fists and pulling it tight.  "Your red lips and your little red dress give me all kinds of crazy ideas.  Stuff I shouldn't think about you, but I am.  Questions that are better left alone."  His blue eyes stared into hers, hot and intense.  "But I can't leave them alone, " he whispered against her mouth.  "So tell me, Jane, are you cold?"  His lips brushed hers and he said through a hot breath, "Or turned on?"





"I love you, and I want to be with you because you make my life better," He pushed her hair behind her ear. "You asked me once what I see when I look into my future." He slid his palm down her shoulder and took her hand. "I see you," he said and kissed her knuckles.




Home was his favorite place too. But home for him was anywhere Jane happened to be. Never in his life had he loved someone as much as he loved her. So much that it scared him sometimes.  He pulled her against him and looked out over the city. He was in love with his wife. Yeah, he knew what that said about him. That he was a goner. Leg-shackled for life. Whipped by a short woman with a big attitude. Yep, that's what it said about him, and he didn't care.



My Luc: Chris Hemsworth

About See Jane Score:


This is Jane.
A little subdued. A little stubborn. A little tired of going out on blind dates with men who drive vans with sofas in the back, Jane Alcott is living the Single Girl existence in the big city. She is also leading a double life. By day, she's a reporter covering the raucous Seattle Chinooks hockey team -- especially their notorious goalie Luc Martineau. By night, she's a writer, secretly creating the scandalous adventures of "Honey Pie" ... the magazine series that has all the men talking.

See Jane Spar .
Luc has made his feelings about parasite reporters -- and Jane -- perfectly clear. But if he thinks he's going to make her life miserable, he'd better think again.

See Jane Attract.
For as long as he can remember, Luc has been single-minded about his career. The last thing he needs is a smart-mouthed, pain-in-the-backside reporter digging into his past and getting in his way. But once the little reporter sheds her black and gray clothes in favor of a sexy red dress, Luc sees that there is more to Jane than originally meets the eye.

Maybe it's time to take a risk. Maybe it's time to live out fantasies. Maybe it's time to ... See Jane Score.

10 comments:

  1. Let me just say that I love this series! I've read them all. :) Luc is a hottie! Chris is hot too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I'm going to have to try this series out. Luc sounds super hot and I'm loving your rep for him. The man is quite powerful looking which I love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, those quotes plus the image of Chris Hemsworth at Luc has definitely put this book on my radar.

    Chantaal @ The Wandering Fangirl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok I'm going straight to Amazon to buy this! Isn't it bizarre we both have ice hockey connections this week??? And Chris??? Grrrrrr I love him:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes! I've only read one book in this series. I seriously need to catch up. Those hockey players are so HOT! So, I'm very happy that you and Lesley both had hockey players this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH my!! I love this guy!! :) :) Awesome choice of quotes!! I will pick this book up! Thanks so much for sharing!! :) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't read this book, but he sounds totally swoonworthy:P Hockey player? Yummy~
    And Luc is one hot guy! Loved the third pic/quote! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Since he's Canadian and I'm Canadian, I should be with him not Jane, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "I love you, and I want to be with you because you make my life better," He pushed her hair behind her ear. "You asked me once what I see when I look into my future." He slid his palm down her shoulder and took her hand. "I see you," he said and kissed her knuckles.

    *swoons* that was a great quote! Never heard of this but sounds great! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.