Friday, February 24, 2012

FOLLOW FRIDAY (17) and TGIF (8)

Gain New Blog Followers
Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, Rachel of Parajunkee and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!


This Week's Feature Blogs:



Ezine of a Random Girl

6774901246 c09aaea047 o Feature & Follow #85
Oh!  For the Love of Books


Q: Activity!!! Take a picture or describe where you love to read the most...


I am one of those people that can and does read everywhere.  I always have a book in my purse, my tote bag, or my car.  You never know when you might have a few minutes with nothing to do.  My personal favorite places to read are my bed and my super comfy living room couch which has been dubbed the Dangerous Sleeping Couch due to its ability to render anyone who lays down on it extremely exhausted.  

***************************


Hosted by Ginger at GReads.


This Friday's Question: 

Which book from your school days do you remember reading & enjoying? Is there a book published now that you'd like to see in today's curriculum for kids?


My favorite books that I remember being assigned:


Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (English)
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (American History)
Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson (English)
Hamlet by William Shakespeare (English)
A Time to Kill by John Grisham (Government)
Night by Elie Wiesel (World Civilizations)

Books that I would like to see as part of today's curriculum:

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Number the Stars by Lois Lowry
Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
Anything by John Green or Chris Crutcher

*******************

WEEKLY RECAP

BOOK CHALLENGE: 2012 Paranormal Fantasy Reading Challenge (link)
TOP TEN TUESDAY: Books That I Would Save in a Disaster (link)
MY BOOK BOYFRIEND: John Matthew from Lover Mine by JR Ward (link)
REVIEW: Unraveled by Courtney Milan (link)









11 comments:

  1. I've been thinking of reading Thirteen Reasons Why, it does seem like a good book for school reading. That's awesome that you got to read a Time to Kill! We read kind of boring things up until the end of high school.

    I love reading on my couch at home too :)

    xo,
    La Toya (La Toya, Literally.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL @ dangerous sleep couch!

    Trish - My FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! I keep a book on me. I hate to be bored.

    #New Follower

    Here's my #FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Couch for sure here!

    http://momzunas.blogspot.com/

    new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome post!! I love having a great place to read :)

    Happy Friday and check out my follow Friday!!
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2012/02/follow-friday-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that you mention Thirteen Reasons Why - I definitely think bullying needs to be addressed in some way - and through a book would be a great way. (I guess I don't knwo that that is the specific theme of Thirteen Reasons, since I haven't yet finished it.. but that's my gut reaction to the general synopsis.)

    -Jac @ For Love and Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can read everywhere, too.
    And another vote went to.....Bed. I agree, bed is a great!
    Here's my FF:
    http://nijiclovers.blogspot.com/2012/02/follow-friday-3.html
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also love carrying a book anywhere I go. It's definitely a must! You don't know where you'll have a chance to read, but if you do... When I'm at home I usually read at my bed, just because of the pillows (I have a lot of them, even though I sleep without lol). But I could read almost anywhere. I even read on the train on my way to uni (and it is very noisy)!

    New follower! <3
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really glad you were given Speak in school. It is such an amazing book. I was subbing yesterday and picked up Night, because the kids were working and it was on the teacher's desk. I only read about 30 pages, but it was amazing. I plan on reading the rest of it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have been Tagged... It would be great if you could join in, but its completely understandable if you prefer not to. If you choose to answer and do the tag, do let me know so I can check out your answers. You Have Been Tagged at:
    http://b00kr3vi3ws.blogspot.in/2012/02/tagged-yet-again.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I seriously don't know what's wrong with me, and WHY I'm blocking it out, but I can only remember ONE book I read in school, as assigned reading: Looking for Alibrandi. I actually really loved it, but... seriously :S

    In Year 11 and 12, we just read a whole lot of 'supporting texts'. Random, obscure poems, and yeah :S

    Ooooh, I SO agree. Hunger Games would be fabulous! It's a modern classic, and there are so many themes in it to explore and analyse, and so, SO much to love! Great answers xx

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.