Friday, February 10, 2012

FOLLOW FRIDAY (15) and TGIF (6)


Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, Rachel of Parajunkee and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!


This Week's Feature Blogs:

Goldilox and the Three Weres
Goldilox and the Three Weres

Blog%252520Button Feature & Follow #83
Book ChowDown

Q: What would your prefer: reading your favorite book over and over again until you got sick of it OR reading 100s of mediocre books? And why?

I would definitely prefer to read my favorite over and over again.  I have very little patience for mediocre books and often don't finish them if they don't interest me enough.  I used to try to finish every book I started, but my TBR tower and wishlist have gotten too big for that.  And if a book is my favorite, it will probably take me a long time to get sick of it.

*******************

Hosted by Ginger at Greads!

Love Stories: What are some of your favorite fictional love stories?


This is a hard topic to narrow down, but I did my best!  I tried to find a swoon-worthy quote to go with each couple. 

**Anne Elliot and Captain Wentworth -- Persuasion by Jane Austen
Not always the most popular Austen couple, but my personal favorite.  I just love the whole lovers reunited theme plus how can you go wrong with that letter?

"You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope...I have loved none but you."


**Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger -- Harry Potter series by JK Rowling
Almost every HP fan knew it was coming...it was only a matter of time.  I love watching the ups and downs of their relationship/friendship and how they circled around each other for so long.

There was a clatter as the basilisk fangs cascaded out of Hermione's arms. Running at Ron, she flung them around his neck and kissed him full on the mouth. Ron threw away the fangs and broomstick he was holding and responded with such enthusiasm that he lifted Hermione off her feet. --Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows


**Eve Dallas and Roarke -- In Death series by JD Robb
I'm only four books into this series, but I absolutely adore this love story.  Tough as nails police detective and her Irish billionaire husband?  I'm sold!

He held her there until he was sure he could speak, then eased her back, looked into her eyes "You've changed my life. Become my life." He touched his lips to hers, let the kiss deepen slowly, silkily. "I need you.” --Rapture in Death


**Cat and Bones -- Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost
One of my all-time favorites!  This vampire couple is passionate, romantic, and hilarious.  They are completed devoted to one another and it is great to read about.

Time has no dominion over love. Love is the one thing that transcends time. --One Foot in the Grave


**Robin Chadwick and Jules Cassidy --Troubleshooters series by Suzanne Brockmann
A male/male romance that spans three books in this series: Hot Target, Force of Nature, and All Through the Night.  Robin is an up-and-coming movie star who is firmly in the closet while Jules is an out-and-proud FBI agent.  There is a lot of heartbreak and tears involved in this romance, but it is so worth it by the end. 

"I spent a large part of today believing you were dead," he said, "and none of that other stuff mattered.  All I knew was that I was never going to smile again.  I was never going to be able to look into your eyes and... You always know what I'm thinking and what I'm feeling and... You know me.  And you love me anyway.  I thought I'd lost that forever.  I thought I'd lost you."
--Force of Nature


**Jamie Fraser and Claire Randall -- Outlander series by Diana GabaldonWhat can I say about Jamie and Claire that hasn't been said already?  Just a fabulous love story that spans books, time, and locations.  Truly the definition of epic.

"I will find you," he whispered in my ear. "I promise. If I must endure two hundred years of purgatory, two hundred years without you - then that is my punishment, which I have earned for my crimes. For I have lied, and killed, and stolen; betrayed and broken trust. But there is the one thing that shall lie in the balance. When I shall stand before God, I shall have one thing to say, to weigh against the rest." His voice dropped, nearly to a whisper, and his arms tightened around me, "Lord, ye gave me a rare woman, and God! I loved her well." --Dragonfly in Amber


******************
WEEKLY RECAP

REVIEW: Some Girls Bite by Chloe Neill (link)
REVIEW: Moon Spell by Samantha Young (link)
REVIEW: The Body at the Tower by Y.S. Lee (link)
TOP TEN TUESDAY: Books for Non-Readers (link)
MY BOOK BOYFRIEND: Luc Martineau from See Jane Score by Rachel Gibson (link)


HAVE A GREAT FRIDAY AND WEEKEND!!

11 comments:

  1. Great answer! :)

    New follower!
    Bri @ Kindling the Fire
    My FF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quote from Dragonfly in Amber?? *SWOON* *Dies of happiness* Oh how I love Claire and Jamie.


    Stop by and see my TGIF / Follow Friday for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Answer. I definitely agree with you.

    I love your Man Candy of the Month. I <3 Paul Walker! Yum!!

    New Follower. =)

    Check out our FF: http://booklovinmamas.blogspot.com/2012/02/feature-follow-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your answers! Ron and Hermione!! I also chose my Favorite over Mediocre! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your blog!!! I just love anything romance...I am your newest follower and looking forward to reading future posts from you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen a few Persuasion films (haven't read the book, yet) and I have to agree--they are a great couple. I love that recapturing the one that got away thing. It's so romantic.

    Again, haven't read enough HP books, but I LOVE Ron & Hermione from the movies! I hope I still do once I get to the books where they start to like each other.

    Great list...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some great choices. JD Robb, Diana Gabaldon, Jeaniene Frost, and Jane Austen. All great love stories. I too chose Gabaldon and Frost. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Jennifer @ Reading and Writing Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Eve and Roark. I love that they are so real, everything is not all wine and roses with them. Since you are only 4 books into the series I won't spoil it but there is a secondary romance that I like just as much. Sometimes more cause they are just so cute!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm returning the follow :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopping through. Yay Ron and Hermione! I love everything HP.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great picks. I love Cat&Bones, too.
    The Troubleshooters series sounds great, gonna check it out :)
    Here is my post:
    http://nijiclovers.blogspot.com/2012/02/tgif-at-greads-1-book-beginnings1-imm-1.html
    (new follower:)

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.