Friday, February 3, 2012

FOLLOW FRIDAY (14) and TGIF (5)

Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, Rachel of Parajunkee and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!


This Week's Feature Blogs:


Screen shot 2012 02 01 at 4.02.50 PM 300x44 Feature & Follow #82


Q: Define what characteristics your favorite books share. Do they all have a kickass heroine or is the hot love interest the Alpha Male?

If you were to look at my favorites shelf on Goodreads, the biggest similarity is probably going to be romance.  Almost everything I read has a love story in it whether it is a primary or secondary plot. 

Another thing that attracts me to a story is the characters.  I want them well-written, multi-dimensional, and relevant to the setting they are living in. 

For heroines, I like smart, strong women/girls who have ambitions and are willing to do almost anything to achieve their dreams.  Some of my personal favorites are:
**Cat from the Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost
**Katniss from the Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins

For the guys, I want them to be sexy in their own personal way like strength, intelligence, etc.  I like both alphas and betas as long as they are relevant to their situation.  A couple of my favorite heroes are:
**Bones from the Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost
**Ash from the Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa


 

**********************

Check out GReads for more information on this weekly meme.

Book Appeal: When you're browsing goodreads, the library, or another blogger's reviews, what grabs your attention to make you want to read it?

 The title and the cover are usually the first things that grab my attention when browsing.  Two of my favorite titles of all time are Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison and Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLean.  I love beautiful or intriguing covers such The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff, Across the Universe by Beth Revis, and Wicked Intentions by Elizabeth Hoyt.








******************
WEEKLY RECAP
REVIEW: Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey (link)
REVIEW: Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi (link)
IN MY MAILBOX: January (link)
TOP TEN TUESDAY: Book Club Picks (link)
MY BOOK BOYFRIEND: Ian Flannery from Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress series (link)

READS IN REVIEW: January 2012 (link)

11 comments:

  1. I love who you've listed as your favorite heroines. Cat and Katniss are two of my favorites as well. Don't even get me started on Bones =)

    new follower
    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves
    My FF
    Fever Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Covers and titles - you're a girl after my own heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Ash!! I've been seeing Katniss and Bones a lot today...I love Katniss and I've heard so many awesome things about Bones but sadly I have yet to read any Night Huntress. I'm a cover person too, Across the Universe is so beautiful!! I just got it from the library, can't wait to start reading it! Happy Friday :)
    Old follower
    My Friday hops

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower :-)

    The cover for "The Replacement" is seriously awesome! Chilling, wicked and inviting-- I'm in.

    Please check out my answers at Word Up, Nerd Up

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yesssss I love Romance so much! That's a must in my books! Hope you have a great Friday :)

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree!! books have to have a good romance for me to absolutely love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not read any of the Nighthuntress series, but everyone raves about it. I think I will pick up a copy this weekend, and maybe I can get to it soon! I love the cover for the Replacements! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally agree, Cover and Title are the first that pop out. And a strong heroine and great romance is something that you will find in most books I read. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Jennifer @ Reading and Writing Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm such a sucker for a beautiful cover!

    :) Aeicha @ Word Spelunking

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! I am a new follower!! Found you via the blog hop! Can't wait to read your posts!

    Claire
    http://clairelouisereads.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Katniss. She doesn't take crap from anyone. :-)

    Thanks for stopping by and for the compliment!

    Tara @ <a href="http://notwhileimreading.blogspot.com</a>Shhh... Not While I'm Reading</a>

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.