Tuesday, January 3, 2012

TOP TEN TUESDAY (7): Books I Can't Wait to Read in 2012

Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

TOP TEN BOOKS I CAN'T WAIT TO READ IN 2012

10. For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund (Release Date: June 12)
A dystopian/science fiction YA that is a retelling of my absolute favorite Austen book, Persuasion?  Yes please!! 
9. The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden #1) by Julie Kagawa (Release Date: April 24)
I fell in love with Kagawa's Iron Fey series this year and can't wait to see her twist on vampires.

8. Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna #3) by Stephanie Perkins (Release Date: late 2012)
I loved both Anna and the French Kiss and Lola and the Boy Next Door so, of course, I am excited about Perkins's next novel.  Plus I've heard this one takes place in Paris again!

7. Rainshadow Road (Friday Harbor #2) by Lisa Kleypas (Release Date: February 28)
Kleypas is one of my absolute favorite authors so I am super pumped to read her newest release especially since she took a well-deserved break from publishing last year. 

6. Once Burned (Night Prince #1) by Jeaniene Frost (Release Date: June 26)
This is the first book in this spinoff series from Frost's popular Night Huntress books.  The Night Prince series deals with the adventures of Vlad Tepesh aka Dracula, who has been given a fabulous makeover in the Night Huntress world.

5. A Million Suns (Across the Universe #2) by Beth Revis (Release Date: January 10)
Revis's debut was one of my favorites of 2011.  I loved the entire premise of life on the spaceship Godspeed and can't wait to see how Amy and Elder deal with the events of the first book.
4. Lethal Rider (Lords of Deliverance #3) by Larissa Ione (Release Date: June 1)
One of my favorite paranormal writers!  I love Ione's Lords of Deliverance series which is about the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.  This newest installment tells the story of Thanatos (who will become Death) and how he deals with his treatment in the previous book.

3. Insurgent (Divergent #2) by Veronica Roth (Release Date: May 28)
My favorite read of 2011 was Roth's Divergent so, of course, I can't wait to read the next in the series.  I love everything about Roth's dystopian Chicago and its warped faction society.  Plus I get to read more about the delicious character of Four!

2. The Darkest Seduction (Lords of the Underworld #9) by Gena Showalter (Release Date: February 21)
Finally!  We are getting the story of Paris, host of the demon Promiscuity.  Throughout Showalter's amazingly creative paranormal series, readers have seen Paris deal with the effects of his demon and the fact that the one woman he truly wanted was seemingly lost to him.  Now, we get to see how Paris and Sienna deal with their reunion and get their happily ever after!

1. Lothaire (Immortals After Dark #12) by Kresley Cole (Release Date: January 10)
Another book that I feel like I've been waiting for forever!  Lothaire has been viewed as a villain through IAD and I am eager to see how Cole makes him a sympathetic hero, hopefully without taking away all that sexy snark and bad boy charm.

4 comments:

  1. A Million Suns was wonderful, I can't wait till it is released so I can get a finished copy of it.
    Also looking forward to Insurgent, but who isn't if they have read Divergent.

    http://kristina-worldofbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/top-10-tuesdays-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for Insurgent and AMS! They're both going to be amazing!!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list. I am looking forward to hearing what you think of Spy in the House (Agency #1) I just recently finished it myself.
    Thanks for stopping by. Old follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so super super excited about the Julie's new serie The Immortal Rules!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.