Tuesday, January 10, 2012

TOP TEN TUESDAY (8): Authors I Wish Would Write Another Book

Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

TEN AUTHORS I WISH WOULD WRITE ANOTHER BOOK

1. J.K. Rowling
I want another Rowling book so badly!  It doesn't necessarily have to be in the Harry Potter world though I wouldn't complain if it did!

2. Jane Austen
My favorite "classics" author.  I have enjoyed all of her books and would love to have seen what she could have done with more time.

3. Harper Lee
To Kill a Mockingbird is one of my absolute favorites of all time.  I loved her writing style and overall message and wish she would write another.

4. Suzanne Collins
Loved the whole premise of The Hunger Games and want more of Ms. Collins!  I would read anything she wrote at this point.


5. LaVyrle Spencer
A fabulous historical/contemporary romance author who retired in the mid-1990s.  Her stories are usually pretty simple in plot, but full of wonderful characters and some of the most poignant moments I've ever read.  I highly recommend Morning Glory who needs a comfort read that will pull at your heartstrings and make you really believe in the power of love.


6. Judith Ivory
Another historical romance writer who hasn't written anything in a long time.  She always had unique storylines that others wouldn't touch.  My personal favorite was her twist on the Pygmalion story with The Proposition.

7. Laura Kinsale
Author of one of my favorite historical romances, Flowers From the Storm.  She is another writer who wasn't afraid to have unconventional plots or characters.  I would love to read another one of her fabulous books!

8. Candice Hern
Ms. Hern has written mostly novellas lately, but I loved her novels.  I especially would love to read more about Prudence's many brothers from Once a Gentleman.


9. Anna Sewell
Author of one of my favorite childhood reads, Black Beauty.  This was the only book she ever wrote, but it had such an impact on me.  I wish she had been able to write more before her death.

10. Jacquie D'Alessandro
This is cheating a little bit as Ms. D'Alessandro still writes romances though she has concentrated more on contemporaries.  I absolutely loved her sweet Regency romances and would love to read another one of those soon.

3 comments:

  1. I have Rowling on my list too, just like everyone else.
    I forgot Collins, I want to know what she is going to do next.

    http://kristina-worldofbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/top-10-tuesdays-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. agree with Suzanne Collins!! Her books are amazing! She should seriously write moreeee! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love for Suzanne Collins to write another book! She's an amazing writer, I'd like to see more from her!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.