Wednesday, January 25, 2012

MY BOOK BOYFRIEND (22): Colin Bridgerton



My Book Boyfriend is an awesome weekly meme hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader all about fictional boys who make us swoon.  This week I am swooning over Colin Bridgerton from Julia Quinn's Romancing Mr. Bridgerton.

About Colin:
  • Son of a Viscount.
  • Third of a family of eight children.
  • Considered one of the most sought-after bachelors in London.
  • Loves to travel and write about his experiences during trips.
  • Falls in love with his sister's best friend who has had a crush on him for twelve years.

Quotes:



Colin decided then and there that the female mind was a strange and incomprehensible organ - one which no man should even attempt to understand. There wasn't a woman alive who could go from point A to B without stopping at C, D, X, and 12 along the way.




"I thought you wanted food," she gasped.
"I do," he murmured, tugging on the bodice of her dress. "But I want you more.”




He murmured her name, tenderly taking her face in his hands. “I love you,” he said, his voice low and fervent. “I love you with everything I am, everything I’ve been, and everything I hope to be. I love you with my past, and I love you for my future.”

He bent forward and kissed her, once, softly, on the lips. “I love you for the children we’ll have and for the years we’ll have together. I love you for every one of my smiles, and even more, for every one of your smiles.”

My Colin: Zachary Levi

10 comments:

  1. A guy who picks his woman over food?! Well, that is the sign of true love! LOL

    That last quote is just so sweet! Thanks for introducing me to Collin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, any guy I can picture as Zach Levi as I read makes a book go to the top of my tbr list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *swoon*

    I loooove Zachary Levi. I need to add this book to my wish list and give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard of this book for years when always looking up titles that have stories of "plain" girls and handsome men, it's always on someone's list. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of this book before. I followed your link to Goodreads and it has several great reviews. I think I will look into this series now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of this book but you BB makes me want to know more. Swooning at the last quote!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He had me at that 2nd quote! Wow...

    ~Jess

    Here's mine
    http://bookpassionforlife.blogspot.com/2012/01/my-book-boyfriend-29-caleb-becker.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. "I thought you wanted food," she gasped.
    "I do," he murmured, tugging on the bodice of her dress. "But I want you more.

    haha I love this quote! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That last quote and the one just before it sent me into cardiac arrest. No fooling.

    Have an amazing reading week!

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woow wooow if this isn't hot, then really!! OMG I like this guy! :) ;)

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.