Wednesday, January 18, 2012

MY BOOK BOYFRIEND (21): Lothaire


My Book Boyfriend is an awesome weekly meme hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader all about fictional boys who make us swoon.  This week I am swooning over the uber-bad, uber-sexy vampire Lothaire from Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark series.  He just got his own story in the creatively titled Lothaire, but he was prominent throughout the series so his quotes will probably come from different books.

About Lothaire (the book):

Driven by his insatiable need for revenge, Lothaire, the Lore’s most ruthless vampire, plots to seize the Horde’s crown. But bloodlust and torture have left him on the brink of madness—until he finds Elizabeth Peirce, the key to his victory. He captures the unique young mortal, intending to offer up her very soul in exchange for power, yet Elizabeth soothes his tormented mind and awakens within him emotions Lothaire believed he could no longer experience.

Growing up in desperate poverty, Ellie Peirce yearned for a better life, never imagining she’d be convicted of murder—or that an evil immortal would abduct her from death row. But Lothaire is no savior, as he himself plans to sacrifice Ellie in one month’s time. And yet the vampire seems to ache for her touch, showering her with wealth and sexual pleasure. In a bid to save her soul, Ellie surrenders her body to the wicked vampire, while vowing to protect her heart.

Elizabeth tempts Lothaire beyond reason, as only his fated mate could. As the month draws to a close, he must choose between a millennia-old blood vendetta and his irresistible prisoner. Will Lothaire succumb to the miseries of his past . . . or risk everything for a future with her?


About Lothaire (the character):
  • Ancient natural-born vampire.
  • Has pale blonde hair, red eyes, and pale skin. 
  • Has spent centuries striving for revenge for his mother's death.
  • Desperate to find his destined Bride to help him obtain his ultimate revenge.
  • Known as Lothaire, Enemy of Old...though Ellie has shortened that to "Leo."
  • Loves luxury and loves buying presents for his Bride.
  • Absolutely insane due to the memories he receives from drinking people's blood.
  • Has a snarky sense of humor.
Quotes:

His tone dripping condescension, Lothaire crooned, “Ah children, it’s not yet story time.” He closed his eyes and turned away, saying over his shoulder, “To anyone who contemplates even nearing me while I sleep: I will garrote you with your own viscera.” --Dreams of a Dark Warrior


His debtors always assumed he'd demand their firstborn. Like I'm fucking Rumpelstiltskin? What would Lothaire do with countless squalling babes? Raise them in a kennel? --Lothaire


"I never knew I could hate someone as deeply as I do you.”
“I often help others discover the outer limits of their hatred. It’s a talent of mine.” --Lothaire


She swallowed, "I-I haven't agreed to go with you."
"Then tell me where I may do those things to my Bride.  If we remain here, we'll break this flimsy bed, possibly this entire conveyance." --Lothaire

"Admit it, love, you like it when I'm a little bad....” --Lothaire


"My heart doesn't fucking work right without you." --Lothaire

My Lothaire: Paul Marron

8 comments:

  1. Paul Marron!!! I saw pictures of him all over the place last week. YUMMY! And that last quote just melted my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adored this book! I just read it over the weekend. My review will post tomorrow. I used to hate Lothaire, but completely fell in love with him in this book! Great pick and I like your pics better than the cover guy. Face is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished it too, he was such a baddie! It took me a while to warm to him but he got me in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't got this far into the series yet, but Kresley sure does write some very yummy boys. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I haven't read this series except for the one right before this book (yes, I'm strange when it comes to series books). Oh I so need to read this one. Talk about yummy! NOM NOM! Oh and he looks so much like my Blake all grown up. Good thing they are so different! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Admit it, love, you like it when I'm a little bad....” THIS ONE WINS! I love this guy!! :) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will have to borrow your boyfriend sometime Jennifer! And this guy is so freaking HAWT! Love it ;D

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.