Wednesday, January 4, 2012

MY BOOK BOYFRIEND (19): Arik Wagner


My Book Boyfriend is an awesome weekly meme hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader all about fictional boys who make us swoon.  For the first MBB post of 2012, I am swooning over Arik Wagner from Larissa Ione's Immortal Rider, the second installment in her Lords of Deliverance series.

About Immortal Rider:

The signs are everywhere...disastrous world events. Evil rising up, unleashed upon the innocent. The prophecies were there...but no one listened. Until now. The time has come for those who can either usher in Doomsday...or prevent it. They are here. They ride. The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Arik Wagner, a soldier with the U.S. Army's paranormal unit, the R-XR, kissed a girl and liked it. And then he went to hell as punishment. Where he's spent weeks being tortured...and plotting revenge.  
Limos, Horsewoman of the Apocalypse, isn't your average girl. She's immortal, dangerous, and her fiancé is Satan himself. In a moment of weakness, she gave in to her desire and kissed Arik, triggering her fiancé's wrath - and his claim on her. In order to save Arik, and the world, Limos must make a dangerous pact with her recently turned evil brother, Pestilence. A deal that might just cost her her soul...and her heart.



About Arik:
  • Works for a military division that concentrates on the paranormal world.
  • Sold his soul to a demon in exchange for protecting his sister and mother from his abusive father.
  • Literally dragged to hell for kissing Satan's intended bride, Limos, who just happens to be one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
  • Helps Limos deal with her past mistakes and teaches her to rely on others.
  • Loves the fact that Limos is strong and never makes her feel unfeminine for it.


Quotes:


"What can I do to prove it to you?"
"For starters, you can admit that I didn't force any kiss on you.  You can admit you wanted it.  You wanted me." 


"I've been fighting demons since I was a kid, first in my own house and then for the military.  I'm not a total slouch."


"There's a huge difference between lying to hurt someone and omitting information to protect someone."


 
He had fallen for Limos, but he couldn't say it out loud.  Not yet.  When he said it, it would be to Limos.  He might not have thought he'd ever get married, but now that he'd made the decision, he'd take it seriously, and his wife would be his partner in every way.  She would be the first person to hear the important things, like how he felt about her.


My Arik: Actor Ryan Reynolds










10 comments:

  1. I am going to stay and drool! Seriously RR is just hot except for his love of Blake Lively LOL :)

    I have these books on my shelf---I must read them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? He was sent to hell for kissing a girl. I hope the kiss was worth it.

    I'm a huge fan of RR. He'd definitely be a great Arik.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My gawd, those abs are works of art. . . FOR ME TO DROOL ON! Ryan Reynolds - man, that guy can stand as a fillin for many, maaaaaaany of my book BFs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well well this guy isn't bad :P :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ryan Reynolds? I'm totally sold on this! *swoons*

    ~Jess

    http://bookpassionforlife.blogspot.com/2012/01/my-book-boyfriend-27-noah-shaw.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hot pics and great quotes! "For starters, you can admit that I didn't force any kiss on you. You can admit you wanted it. You wanted me." I haven't read the first book in this series yet but I did hear it was amazing! I'll need to get to it one day. Thanks for visiting My Book Boyfriend

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was scrolling down saw you are listening to A Spy In The House!! Have you read the books yet?

    Oh going off topic here...
    Arik sounds great, and Ryan Reynolds YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Before I swoon over Ryan Reynolds as your Arik, you have Josh Lucas as your 'Man Candy of the Month'? Awesome! Love this man. Funny, I just saw him today--in the film, Life As We Know It. Those eyes and his gorgeous smile! Swoon!

    Okay. On to another hottie. Arik's character sounds doubly hot! Well, it's not that hard to swoon over hot, tortured protectors like him! Thanks. off to add this book on my TBR list!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Ryan, oh I love him so much.
    Sorry, I didn't get the chance to read the post yet, as I kept looking at the pictures, but I'll do that right after I hit the submit button ;))

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.