Friday, January 27, 2012

FOLLOW FRIDAY (13) and TGIF (4)


Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, Rachel of Parajunkee and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!


This Week's Feature Blogs:


Bookdoutblogbadge250 Feature & Follow #81

Q: Which book genre do you avoid at all costs and why?

I don't think I "avoid" any genre, but there are definitely ones that I usually struggle to finish.  I have a difficult time with most nonfiction.  They often feel like schoolwork to me which probably comes from too many years doing research papers and textbook reading. 

There are some exceptions to the rule, of course.  For example, I love almost anything to do with Harry Potter including books like Harry, A History: The True Story of a Boy Wizard, His Fans, and Life Inside the Harry Potter Phenomenon.

Another genre that I usually don't seek out is suspense/thrillers.  This is slightly bizarre to me because that is one of my favorite genres in television and movies, but not books.  I have tried different authors to find one that works for me, but I usually find myself bored and skimming until the end.  Oh well, I guess you can't love everything!


****************

 For more information about this meme, visit GReads.

This Friday's Question:

Buy or Borrow: Where do your books that you read come from? The bookstore? The library? Do you prefer to own a book, or have it on loan?
I get books from a multitude of locations:
  1. Library--I am studying to be a librarian so I am trying to utilize my public library.  I primarily use it for books that I am not 100% sure I will enjoy, but I am interested enough.
  2. Books-A-Million and Barnes & Noble--For books that I must have the day of release such as Lothaire and A Million Suns.
  3. Half-Price Books--Great fun for browsing and finding out-of-print items!
  4. Book Depository--My newest obsession!  I love the no-shipping costs and the selection.  Most of my purchased physical books come from here nowadays.
  5. Amazon--Home of most of my e-book purchases.  I love all the great deals they provide.
  6. Audible--For all my audiobook needs!
  7. Paperback Swap--Wonderful site that allows me to send my used books to fellow readers in exchange for credits to request a book from someone else.
Primarily, I prefer to own my books.  I love having fully stocked bookshelves and have a blast organizing/re-organizing them.  I am obsessive about keeping series together as well as having my favorites at the ready for a re-read. 



---WEEKLY RECAP---

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Secondary Romances (link)
MY BOOK BOYFRIEND: Colin Bridgerton (link)
REVIEW: A Spy in the House by Y.S. Lee (link)
REVIEW: Angelfall by Susan Ee (link)


HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND, EVERYONE!!!

14 comments:

  1. I'm also not too fond of non-fiction.

    - New follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thrillers don't usually thrill me either. I don't know why.

    New Follower
    Beth ^_^
    http://sweetbooksnstuff.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, just stopping by from the hop and I am a new follower. I don't like to read horror books, they creep me out (: Have a great weekend!!


    My Blog: Book Nerds are Pretty Too

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't read nonfiction either. it's just not interesting enough to keep my attention! Hope you have a happy friday :)

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a big nonfic fan either. I'm still in college so I have to read enough textbooks as it is LOL!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dont like non fiction either.
    New follower, check out my FF and follow me (if possible by GFC) at:
    http://BooksandSparkles.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are some really dull non-fiction books out there :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/01/follow-friday_27.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Non fiction books are certainly an aquired taste (one i do not own) New Follower :)

    http://yamagicpages.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not a fan of non-fiction either. Thanks for stopping by. Followed you back.


    Maja @ The Nocturnal Library

    ReplyDelete
  10. I definitely want to keep building my library BUT I really should learn how to borrow more books so I don't spend as much money ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love my local library, especially since they started loaning ebooks! I see a lot of people having issues with nonfiction. I think that is because we like to escape reality into the worlds created in fiction. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by!
    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. New Follower. it's nice that you don't really avoid any genre hre is my FF for a follow back http://totallybookedsolid.blogspot.com/2012/01/follow-friday_27.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! I'm a new follower!!! I can't wait to read more on your blog!!!! :)

    I agree about non-fiction not being my cup of tea. What can I say; I'm a fiction fan! :)

    http://jbkantt.blogspot.com/2012/01/follow-me-friday-my-first-one.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoy both of those genres though I am pretty selective about which books I choose

    Thanks for stopping by Book'd Out earlier!

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.