Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, Rachel of Parajunkee and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!
This Week's Feature Blogs:
Q: Which book genre do you avoid at all costs and why?
Another genre that I usually don't seek out is suspense/thrillers. This is slightly bizarre to me because that is one of my favorite genres in television and movies, but not books. I have tried different authors to find one that works for me, but I usually find myself bored and skimming until the end. Oh well, I guess you can't love everything!
For more information about this meme, visit GReads.
This Friday's Question:
Buy or Borrow: Where do your books that you read come from? The bookstore? The library? Do you prefer to own a book, or have it on loan?
I get books from a multitude of locations:
- Library--I am studying to be a librarian so I am trying to utilize my public library. I primarily use it for books that I am not 100% sure I will enjoy, but I am interested enough.
- Books-A-Million and Barnes & Noble--For books that I must have the day of release such as Lothaire and A Million Suns.
- Half-Price Books--Great fun for browsing and finding out-of-print items!
- Book Depository--My newest obsession! I love the no-shipping costs and the selection. Most of my purchased physical books come from here nowadays.
- Amazon--Home of most of my e-book purchases. I love all the great deals they provide.
- Audible--For all my audiobook needs!
- Paperback Swap--Wonderful site that allows me to send my used books to fellow readers in exchange for credits to request a book from someone else.
Primarily, I prefer to own my books. I love having fully stocked bookshelves and have a blast organizing/re-organizing them. I am obsessive about keeping series together as well as having my favorites at the ready for a re-read.
TOP TEN TUESDAY: Secondary Romances (link)
MY BOOK BOYFRIEND: Colin Bridgerton (link)
REVIEW: A Spy in the House by Y.S. Lee (link)
REVIEW: Angelfall by Susan Ee (link)
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND, EVERYONE!!!