Friday, January 13, 2012

FOLLOW FRIDAY (11)

Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, Rachel of Parajunkee and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!

The two feature blogs this week are:  




Question of the Week: Many readers/bloggers are also big music fans. Tell us about a few of your favorite bands/singers that we should listen to in 2012.

I love music of almost all genres from country to metal to rap.  I am always scouring YouTube for new artists that speak to me on some level.  And, on a book note, I love to figure out theme songs that go along with certain characters or situations.

My All-Time Favorite Artists and Songs:
Evanescence -- "My Immortal"
Nightwish -- "Bye Bye Beautiful" and "The Islander"
Adele -- "Set Fire to the Rain"
Josh Groban -- "In Her Eyes"
Kelly Clarkson -- "Hear Me" and "Cry"
Roisin Murphy -- "Rama Lama Bang Bang" and "Ruby Blue"
Vanessa Carlton -- "Paradise" and "Ordinary Day"
Within Temptation -- "What Have You Done?"  and "Hand of Sorrow"

Here is a video of Within Temptation's "Hand of Sorrow" which is based on FitzChivalry Farseer, main character of Robin Hobb's Farseer novels:

8 comments:

  1. i love adele :)

    I posted about books today, just because that's what everyone loves, lol. Stop by?!

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2012/01/follow-friday-and-cover-craze.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh I LOVED JOSH GROBAN!!! He's coming to my area soon so I'm excited!!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that video was very epic!

    Here's my FF: Goldilox's FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great music choices, I love Josh Groban.
    New follower! (:
    Tabitha's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Evanescence -- "My Immortal" gives my goosey bumps everytime I listen to it. A beautiful song, by a beautiful voice!

    New Follower!

    My FF: http://thelittlebluepig.blogspot.com/2012/01/follow-me-friday-3.html

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. new follower :)

    Great music choices!! They all sound great :)

    Happy Friday and check out my follow Friday!!
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/follow-friday-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopping through. I listened to Nightwish for the first time yesterday b/c of a FF recommendation. I really like it.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome music choices! Nightwish, Evanescence & Within Temptation are awesome! All 3 have multiple songs on my iPod. :)

    My FF: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/follow-friday-22.html

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.