Tuesday, December 13, 2011

TOP TEN TUESDAY (5): Books as Gifts


Sponsored by The Broke and the Bookish.

TEN BOOKS I WANT TO GIVE AS GIFTS
1. Explosive Eighteen by Janet Evanovich
For my mother who is a huge Stephanie Plum fan.

2. Bunheads by Sophie Flack
For one of my former dance students who dreams of being a professional ballerina and has become my reading buddy. 

3. The Geeks Shall Inherit the Earth by Alexandra Robbins
For all of my teacher friends.

4. Civil War Curiousities by Webb Garrison
For my best friend who is a Civil War nut.

5. Hounded by Kevin Hearne
For my boss who loves original and humorous fantasy series.

6. As They See 'Em: A Fan's Travels in the Land of Umpires by Bruce Weber
For my father the baseball fanatic who used to be a former umpire.

7. Death Note, Black Edition, Volume 1 by Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata
This is one of my brother's favorite animes so I'd love to see if he enjoyed the manga/graphic novel it was based on.  Highly recommended for thriller and crime mystery fans!

8. The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks
For my middle school aged cousin who is just getting into books especially ones about zombies.

9. Fitzwilliam Darcy, Rock Star by Heather Lynn Rigaud
For my friend who is a huge Jane Austen fangirl and is really getting into the well-done retellings.

10. Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
For anyone who hasn't read it yet!

4 comments:

  1. The only one I've read on your list is The Hunger Games. I'm intrigued. I'm going to have to check out the rest!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting list. I haven't read a lot of these books but definitely have to check out a few of them.

    My TTT post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Death Note is SOOO RAD!!! I've been reviewing the volumes on my blog lately, but I've read all of it years ago. Seen the anime a few times. It is just amazing.

    I've just started reading Hounded. It is super hilarious, perfect for smart-alecky people. Atticus and Oberon are total love.

    Thanks for visiting my blog earlier. Great list! Hopefully all these people will really enjoy your book gifts for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAven't read most of these books, but the Zombie Survival Guide is a good one, especially for boys

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.