Wednesday, December 14, 2011

MY BOOK BOYFRIEND (17): Judd Lauren


My Book Boyfriend is an awesome weekly meme hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader all about fictional boys who make us swoon.  This week, I am swooning over Judd Lauren from Nalini Singh's Caressed by Ice which is part of her fabulous Psy-Changling series.

About the Book:

As an Arrow, an elite soldier in the Psy Council ranks, Judd Lauren was forced to do terrible things in the name of his people. Now he is a defector, and his dark abilities have made him the most deadly of assassins - cold, pitiless, unfeeling. Until he meets Brenna... Brenna Shane Kincaid was an innocent before she was abducted - and had her mind violated - by a serial killer. Her sense of evil runs so deep, she fears she could become a killer herself. Then the first dead body is found, victim of a familiar madness. Judd is her only hope, yet her sensual changeling side rebels against the inhuman chill of his personality, even as desire explodes between them. Shocking and raw, their passion is a danger that threatens not only their hearts, but their very lives.

About Judd:

  • Has dark hair, dark eyes, and a lean, muscular build.
  • Psy with a TK Cell designation--he can manipulate physical items down to the cellular level.
  • A former Arrow or professional assassin.
  • Defected from the Psy world and sought sanctuary with changelings in order to protect his family.
Quotes:


I'm not a baby anymore.  No, she wasn't.  And he wasn't her protector.  He couldn't be--the closer he got to her, the more he could hurt her.  Silence had been invented for those like him--the brutal killers and the viciously insane, those who had turned the world of the Psy into a blood-soaked hell so bad, Silence had become a better choice.



"There is no us, Brenna."  There couldn't be, not if he wanted her to live the life she deserved.  "For some reason, you're attracted to me.  And yes," he said when it looked like she was going to respond with another burst of red-hot anger, "I'm tempted by you.  But that means nothing."



She awakened something in him that was raw, desperate, violent in a way that sprang not from anger but from passion.


They called him the Man of Ice, but where Brenna was concerned, he was anything but.  If she stroked him, he wouldn't be able to complete even a tenth of his plan.  And for a man who'd been hungry as long as he had, a quick bite held no appeal.  He wanted to linger, to gorge, to indulge.



Judd figured he must have done something right along the way. How else could a rebel Arrow have earned the right to call this amazing woman his own? Even if it was a mistake, too damn bad. He was never giving her up.


My Judd: David Boreanaz

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. David Boreanaz is such a hot boyfriend! I haven't read any books by this author but I hear they are great PNR reads!

    Check Out My Book Boyfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was a kid I was in love with this guy (David Boreanaz, not the character, LOL).. I mean who wasn't, right?]
    Great choice, I must check this book, as I haven't heard about it before ;)

    Happy midnight dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first vampire I ever fell in love with was Angel and David Boreanaz is the reason why! LOL

    I just met one of Singh's heartthrobs not to long ago, and I have to admit, I love the way she writes her Alpha men. I'm adding Judd to the list. For a man of ice, he is smoking hot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember Angel, but I have to admit I liked him when he turned evil on Buffy, don't know why. I like the book cover here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judd sounds intense! And hot. Good pick with David, he seems to fit really well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been searching for the right Judd for a long time. David does him justice *dreamy eyes*

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.