Tuesday, November 29, 2011

TOP TEN TUESDAY (3): My Winter TBR List


TOP TEN TBR BOOKS THIS WINTER

10. A SECRET IN HER KISS by Anna Randol (January 30, 2012)
This is a debut historical romance that is set in the Ottoman Empire!  I love unique locations in historicals especially amid all the Regency rakes and bluestockings today.  Plus one of my favorite romance authors, Sarah MacLean, highly recommends it!

9. THE STATISTICAL PROBABILITY OF LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT by Jennifer E. Smith
(January 2, 2012)
This sounds super cute and original.  I love the idea of finding someone while on an airplane.  Plus the male protagonist is British which brings to mind my fangirl crush on Etienne St. Clair.  Haven't seen any reviews of this yet, but I'm on the lookout.

8. DARKER AFTER MIDNIGHT by Lara Adrian (January 24, 2012)
This is the tenth installment in Adrian's Midnight Breed series which has a unique twist on the popular vampire mythology.  The hero in this one is the complicated and tortured Sterling Chase who has gone through quite a transformation in the series.  I haven't read the book before this one, but I am getting ready to start it so I can be ready for Sterling in January!

7. WILD CAT by Jennifer Ashley (January 3, 2012)
This is the third book in Ashley's Shifters Unbound paranormal romance series which deals with a world where shifters are treated as second class citizens due to fear over their abilities.  I love the way she has the shifters interacting with non-shifters to prove how baseless the prejudices are.  I've enjoyed the first two books so I can't wait for the third.

6. THIS DUKE IS MINE by Eloisa James (December 27, 2011)
Eloisa James is one of my auto-buy historical romance authors.  I have been especially enjoying her Happily Ever After series that takes popular fairytales and gives them a historical twist.  Each of these books can be read as a stand-alone as their characters do not interact.  This most recent installment provides a fun perspective on The Princess and the Pea story.

5. INCARNATE by Jodi Meadows (January 31, 2012)
This is a Young Adult fantasy that is getting alot of buzz in the blogging world.  The cover is beautiful and the premise is slightly confusing so it definitely deserves a mention.  I'm still not a hundred percent certain what the concept is, but I don't even care.

4. RAINSHADOW ROAD by Lisa Kleypas (February 28, 2012)
This author is one of my absolute favorites in historical and contemporary romance.  She took a well-deserved break in 2011 so I am eager to read some of her new material.  While I prefer her historicals, I will take whatever Ms. Kleypas wants to give me at this point.  The plot of this one sounds super complicated so I cannot wait!

3. A MILLION SUNS by Beth Revis (January 10, 2012)
One of my favorites of 2011 was Revis's Across the Universe.  I loved the whole dystopian-science fiction aspect and Elder was an amazing hero.  Things are changing rapidly on the ship Godspeed and I, for one, cannot wait to see where it will all end up.

2. THE DARKEST SEDUCTION by Gena Showalter (February 21, 2012)
The most buzzed about character in Showalter's Lords of the Underworld series has been Paris, the keeper of the demon Promiscuity.  Paris's demon forces him to have sex everyday or risk certain death, the biggest catch is that he can only have sex with a person once and then never again.  Readers of this series have seen Paris try to find the one woman he has feelings for over many books and now we can finally see his happy ending.

1. LOTHAIRE by Kresley Cole (January 10, 2012)
Another buzzed about character in the world of paranormal romance is Lothaire, the big bad vampire from Cole's Immortals After Dark series.  Lothaire has shown over many books that he has little morality left so I am excited to see how K.C. reforms him into being hero material.  I also like the idea of his heroine being as tortured a soul as he appears to be.


WHAT ARE YOUR TOP TEN TBR BOOKS THIS WINTER?

8 comments:

  1. Incarnate and A Million Suns both made my list as well! I see you're reading Daughter of Smoke and Bone - how are you liking it? I thought it was really well done!

    Top Ten Tuesday @ Radiant Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, they all sound great. I am picking out a few to read myself.

    Here's my Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO reading the Duke is Mine sometime this winter as well! :) I just love historical romance!
    And the Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight sounds amazing! I've heard many bloggers rave about it :)
    -Daisy @ the Broke and the Bookish

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh crap how did i forget about the Darkest Seduction?? I heart Gena Showalter, although, I may be strung up for this but I'm not so much into Paris. He never did it for me. Now Aeron on the other hand, thats my LOTU boyfriend! OOOWWWEEE!!

    Thanks for stopping by and following, I'll follow as soon as i get to my home computer. Love your blog!

    Question: For the series buttons on the left how do you get those? This is the second time today I saw them and I really like it. All nice and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm super excited to read A Million Suns, too. I really hope I can read it during Winter, but I probably won't get to it until Spring. Need to buy it first, lol. Elder is one of my favorite YA heroes. He's awesome!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Statistical Probability of Love is on my TBR list too! (even though it didn't make it to my post) and I'm so glad it's on yours because I haven't seen any reviews either. I'm thinking it's going to be good though! So glad you picked it! Gives me hope that it will be good :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list!
    Hope you enjoy them.

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list! I can't wait for A Million Suns!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.