Tuesday, November 15, 2011

TOP TEN TUESDAY (1): Unread Books on My Bookshelf

This meme is hosted by The Broke and Bookish

I have seen this meme on many of my favorite book blogs, but never participated until today.  I absolutely LOVE lists so this seems perfect!  

TOP TEN UNREAD BOOKS ON MY BOOKSHELF

1. The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
I am probably one of only a few people in the country who has not read the book or seen the movie.  I bought it years ago and just haven't been able to get myself in the mood.  This is especially surprising since my brother, who usually hates to read, has read it multiple times.

2. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
A classic that surprisingly I have never read despite my years of English literature courses in college.  I have seen and enjoyed the movie, but never taken the plunge into the actual material. 

3. Assassin's Apprentice by Robin Hobb
This is the beginning of a popular fantasy series that I bought a couple years ago.  The purchase was inspired by Within Temptations "Hand of Sorrow" song which is based on the series.  I'm not sure why I haven't read this despite my usual love of fantasy novels.

4. Devil in the White City by Erik Larson
I am not normally a nonfiction reader, but the premise of this book intrigued me.  Unfortunately, I just can't get started on it so there it sits on the bookshelf.

5. Guilty Pleasures by Laura Lee Guhrke
I am a huge Laura Lee Guhrke fan and have read almost all her historical romances.  It is strange that I haven't read it because the premise is right up my alley with the plain jane heroine and the rake hero.

6. Highland Destiny by Hannah Howell
This is the first book in Howell's popular Murray Family series of Scottish historical romances.  I have read all the others in this series, but the beginning still sits there waiting for me.

7. Rebecca by Daphne DuMaurier
Another classic that I have seen in movie form and intend to read the actual book someday. 

8. Truly Madly Yours by Rachel Gibson
I love Rachel Gibson's contemporaries.  They are almost always guaranteed to put me in a good mood.  I bought this book used three years ago and haven't picked it up despite the fact that I have purchased and read many others of hers since then.

9. Crown Duel by Sherwood Smith
A young adult fantasy novel that was recommended to me on Goodreads.  I ordered it that day from Paperback Swap, but haven't touched it since it came in the mail.  A shame because I have heard nothing but amazing things about it. 

10. Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon
I am a bad DarkHunter fangirl.  I love Kenyon's work and bought the first Chronicles of Nick book the day it came out.  Since then, I have just forgotten about it or found something that fascinated me more.  I am making a vow that I will read it by the end of 2011!

4 comments:

  1. I've only read Wuthering Heights and Crown Duel out of these. (So no worries about being the only person who hasn't read The Da Vinci Code!) Both are very good. I remember the back of Crown Duel describes one of the characters as "the enigmatic marquis," and it fit him so perfectly that I've referred to him as that ever since. Have fun reading them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read The Davinci Code yet either, I'm just not that interest tbh. Crown Duel is good though, it's been a while since I read it but I really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wuthering Heights and Rebecca are both excellent! :)
    Here’s my Top Ten Tuesday post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, you must try Wuthering Heights soon. Then let us know which side you are on... love it or hate it. There seems to be no in between.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.