Saturday, November 5, 2011

ON MY WISHLIST (8)



On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where we list all the books we desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. It's also an event that you can join in with too. 

Here's what is on my wishlist this week:


by Rebecca Donovan
Young Adult
Wood Street Publishing-2011

"No one tried to get involved with me, and I kept to myself. This was the place where everything was supposed to be safe and easy. How could Evan Mathews unravel my constant universe in just one day?"

He knows there’s something more to the girl sitting in the back of the class the moment he sees her. She’s beautiful, intelligent, and athletic – but she slips quietly through the crowded halls, trying not to exist. Determined to get to know the elusive girl, Evan soon discovers…

Emma Thomas is hiding a terrible a secret.

**********



by Claire LaZebnik
Young Adult
Harper Teen-2011

Will Elise’s love life be an epic win or an epic fail?
At Coral Tree Prep in Los Angeles, who your parents are can make or break you. Case in point:
As the son of Hollywood royalty, Derek Edwards is pretty much prince of the school—not that he deigns to acknowledge many of his loyal subjects.

As the daughter of the new principal, Elise Benton isn’t exactly on everyone’s must-sit-next-to-at-lunch list.  When Elise’s beautiful sister catches the eye of the prince’s best friend, Elise gets to spend a lot of time with Derek, making her the envy of every girl on campus. Except she refuses to fall for any of his rare smiles and instead warms up to his enemy, the surprisingly charming social outcast Webster Grant. But in this hilarious tale of fitting in and flirting, not all snubs are undeserved, not all celebrity brats are bratty, and pride and prejudice can get in the way of true love for only so long.

**********


(Lords of Deliverance #2)
by Larissa Ione
Paranormal Romance
Piatkus Books-November 22, 2011

The signs are everywhere...disastrous world events. Evil rising up, unleashed upon the innocent. The prophecies were there...but no one listened. Until now. The time has come for those who can either usher in Doomsday...or prevent it. They are here. They ride. The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Arik Wagner, a soldier with the U.S. Army's paranormal unit, the R-XR, kissed a girl and liked it. And then he went to hell as punishment. Where he's spent weeks being tortured...and plotting revenge.

Limos, Horsewoman of the Apocalypse, isn't your average girl. She's immortal, dangerous, and her fiancé is Satan himself. In a moment of weakness, she gave in to her desire and kissed Arik, triggering her fiancé's wrath - and his claim on her. In order to save Arik, and the world, Limos must make a dangerous pact with her recently turned evil brother, Pestilence. A deal that might just cost her her soul...and her heart.

WHAT'S ON YOUR WISHLIST THIS WEEK?

7 comments:

  1. Interesting picks! Immortal Rider especially piqued my interest :D Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, I just won the first Lord of Deliverance book - I can't wait for it turn up so I can start drooling over Immortal Rider as well...actually sounds like I've started already! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a great week of reading through my wishlist TBR. Please come see what I am wishing for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some great choices. I love it eclectic! Hope you get them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reason to Breathe and Epic Fail are both on my wish list too. They look so good! I hope you get to read them soon :)

    Tiffany
    My Wish List

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard of all of them apart fron Reason To Breathe but it sounds really good I'll have to add it to my never ending tbr pile.
    Thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reason to Breathe caught my attention; great list!

    Check out what's on My Wishlist.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.