Wednesday, November 30, 2011

MY BOOK BOYFRIEND (15): Zsadist


My Book Boyfriend is an awesome weekly meme hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader all about fictional boys who make us swoon.  This week, I am swooning over Zsadist from JR Ward's Lover Awakened, part of the Black Dagger Brotherhood series.

First Impressions:


"An image of Zsadist came to mind, clear as a photograph.  She saw his savage black eyes.  The scar that ran down his face and distorted his upper lip.  The tattooed blood-slave bands around his throat and wrists.  She remember the whip marks on his back. And the piercings that hung from his nipples. And his muscled, too-lean body."


About Zsadist:
  • He's a vampire warrior.
  • He has a shaved head and naturally yellow eyes that turn black when he's angry.
  • He has an identical twin brother named Phury.
  • He was kidnapped as a baby and kept as a sex slave for almost a hundred years.
Why I Love Him:
  • He is the ultimate tortured bad boy.
  • The only thing he cares about, before Bella, is his brother.
  • He falls in love with Bella quickly, but feels like he doesn't deserve her.
  • He has a beautiful singing voice that sounds like angels.
Quotes:

"Go 'head." Those freaky-ass black eyes had stared at Butch with the intensity of a shark. "Crack open that door. Run your little heart out. Run fast, run smart, call for help. Just know that I'll come after you. Like a hearse." 
--Dark Lover



"What is your name?" she murmured.
He cocked an eyebrow at her and then went back to staring at his brother. "I'm the evil one, in case you haven't figured it out."
"I wanted your name, not your calling."
"Being a bastard's more of a compulsion, really. And it's Zsadist. I am Zsadist."
--Lover Eternal



His yellow eyes lifted to hers. He was wincing, as if he were afraid of what might be showing on her face.
"Friends?" she said.
"Yeah… I mean, I wouldn't disgrace you by asking for more than that. I know that you regret… Anyway, I just couldn't let you go without… Yeah, so… friends." --Lover Awakened



"I… What are you saying, Zsadist?" she stammered, even though she'd heard every word.
He glanced back down at the pencil in his hand and then turned to the table. Flipping the spiral notebook to a new page, he bent way over and labored on top of the paper for quite a while. Then he ripped the sheet free. His hand was shaking as he held it out. "It's messy."
Bella took the paper. In a child's uneven block letters there were three words: "I LOVE YOU."
--Lover Awakened



"I was dead until you found me, though I breathed. I was sightless, though I could see. And then you came...and I was awakened."
--Lover Awakened


My Zsadist: Actor Wentworth Miller

4 comments:

  1. I like tortured bad boys in books. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thank you for reminding me of the goregousness that is Wentworth Miller! From what you've posted, he seems like the perfect Zsadist. HOT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Z is my favorite BDB!!! My heart burst when he wrote I love you to Bella. Wentworth is Z. I don't think I could picture anyone else as Z.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by! I haven't read these books yet, can you believe it? One of these days I will...I SWEAR! Great pick this week!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.