Wednesday, November 23, 2011

MY BOOK BOYFRIEND (14): Reyes


My Book Boyfriend is an awesome weekly meme hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader all about fictional boys who make us swoon.  This week, I am swooning over Reyes from Gena Showalter's The Darkest Pleasure, third installment in the wonderful Lords of the Underworld series.


First Impressions:


He had dark hair, dark eyes, and honey-kissed skin.  Honey mixed with melted chocolate.  He also possessed that haunted sensuality, as if he'd seen the most painful side of love and was marked forevermore.  Reyes was tall and stacked with a warrior's muscle.  He wore more knives than he did clothing, strapping them behind his head, on his wrists, ankles, and thighs, and hanging them at his waist.  Every time she'd seen him, he'd been covered in combat wounds, cuts up and down his arms and legs, bruises on his face.  He was a soldier to the bone.

About Reyes:

  • Age: Immortal
  • Appearance: dark hair, dark eyes, tall, muscular
  • Distinguishing Marks: numerous self-inflicted cuts on his body, creepy butterfly tattoo on his chest
  • Occupation: Ancient Greek warrior who acts as a host for the demon Pain who forces him to cause himself pain in order to find pleasure or stay sane.
  • Likes:  Weapons--making them, cleaning them, collecting them.
  • Dream: A life without pain.

Quotes:


Reyes had seen her only a few times, talked to her even less, but still, he craved her with every ounce of his being.  Something he didn't understand.  He was dark, she was light.  He was anguish, she was innocence.  He was wrong for her in every way, and yet, when she looked at him, his entire world felt right.





"I have a feeling I will always come to you."  His angry voice whipped through the silence, his accusing expression laying the blame at her feet.





"What happens when you know?" she rasped.
"I stop wondering.  Stop dreaming of you every night, thinking of you every minute of every day.  I think you wonder too.  I think you dream of me and wonder.  You hate yourself for it.  You hate me for it, but you cannot stop."






"I want to give you anything and everything you ask for, Danika."
Relieved, she sagged against the mattress.  "Thank you."
"But making myself forgettable for you, " he finished, "I cannot do.  You're going to haunt my dreams for all of eternity.  I have to know I meant something to you."




"How did I ever live without you?"
"You didn't," she quipped.  "Not really."
He kissed her again, lingering this time.  "No, I didn't.  Until you, I was dead inside.  You've given me everything.  Love, life, happiness."



My Reyes: Eduardo Verastegui

3 comments:

  1. Nice! I wish I was as familiar with every Book Boyfriend everyone has posted :(
    Pics are hot ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This guy seems pretty intense and totally smoldering. Love the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy hotness! I thought I was swooned out when I read about Maddox in book 1! I can't WAIT for #3! wooooowwww

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.