Tuesday, November 15, 2011

MY BOOK BOYFRIEND (13): Heath Champion


My Book Boyfriend is an awesome weekly meme hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader all about fictional boys who make us swoon.  This week, I am swooning over Heath Champion from Susan Elizabeth Phillip's Match Me If You Can.

First Impressions: 
"He was square-jawed and tough, everything about him proclaiming a brash, self-made man --a roughneck who'd flunked charm school the first couple of times around but had finally gotten it right on the third pass."

About Heath:

  • He's a successful sports agent in Chicago.
  • He has been nicknamed the Python due to his sly nature.
  • He played college football until he realized he wouldn't go pro so he concentrated on his studies.
  • He hires a matchmaker to help him find the perfect wife which throws his life into chaos. 
  • His childhood has made it difficult for him to form attachments to others.

Quotes:

"Basically, you expect me to find your bride, court her, and hand her over at the altar. Or do I have to come on the honeymoon, too?"
"Definitely not." He gave her a lazy smile. "I can take care of that all by myself."



“We’re only human.” 
“One of us, anyway. The other’s a reptile.” 
“Harsh, Annabelle. Very harsh.”


 

I don't need to be fixed anymore. That job's already been done. I love you, Annabelle.
 


You're beautiful, every part of you. I love your hair, the way it looks, the way it feels. I love touching it, smelling it. I love the way you wrinkle your nose when you laugh. It makes me laugh, too, every time. And I love watching you eat. Sometimes you can't shovel it in fast enough, but when you get interested in a conversation, you forget there's anything in front of you. God knows, I love making love with you. I can't even talk about that without wanting you.



My Heath: Actor Christian Bale

8 comments:

  1. Awwww. I love that last quote. Any man who loves to watch me pig out instantly has my heart. LOL

    Next time Heath is looking for a wife, please give him my number. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh I really want to read that now those quotes have really sold me!

    My book boyfriend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well helooooo Christian *clears throat* I mean Heath. I need a man who likes to watch me shovel food in my mouth. I also would like one with those lovely, LOVELY abs! YUM YUM! I really need to check out this book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG how sweet is this guy! Love those quotes. This sounds like a really fun read! Christian Bale is gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so especially love that last quote; it's what women would want to hear from the men they love. Especially if he's ripped like Christian Bale!

    Stephanie ~Misfit Salon~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chicago Stars series seem to be very popular series. And Heath sounds interesting hiring matchmaker to find him a wife hmmmm. And Christian Bale hamina hamina hamina ;D

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.