Wednesday, November 9, 2011

MY BOOK BOYFRIEND (12): Ash


My Book Boyfriend is an awesome weekly meme hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader all about fictional boys who make us swoon.  This week, I'm swooning over Ash from Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey series. I have loved Ash since we met him in The Iron King, but I wanted to wait to showcase him on MBB until after I had finished the series with The Iron Knight.

About Ash:
  • His true name is Ashallyn'darkmyr Tallyn.
  • He has black hair and blue eyes.
  • He is the youngest son of Queen Mab of the Unseelie or Winter Court.
  • He is a skilled hunter and swordsmen.
  • He has a long-standing rivalry with Robin Goodfellow aka Puck.
Quotes:


“Touch her, and I'll freeze your testicles off and put them in a jar. Understand?” --The Iron King



"I've seen thousands of mortal girls," he said softly, "more than you could ever count, from all corners of your world. To me, they're all the same." His finger slid below my chin, tilting my head up. "They only see this outer shell, not who I really am, beneath. You have. You've seen me without the glamour and illusions, even the ones I show my family, the farce I maintain just to survive. You've seen who I really am, and yet, you're still here." He brushed his thumb over my skin, leaving a trail of icy heat. "You're here, and the only dance I want is this one.” --The Iron Daughter



“I plan to keep you, from everyone, for as long as I’m alive. That includes Puck, the false king, and anyone else who would take you away.” One corner of his mouth quirked, as I struggled to catch my breath under his powerful scrutiny. “I guess I should’ve warned you that I have a slight possessive streak.” --The Iron Queen




“My fall began, as many stories do, with a girl.” --The Iron Knight



I was in love. With a human. I smiled bitterly at the thought. The old Ash, if faced with such a suggestion, would've either laughed scornfully or removed the offender's head from his neck.--The Iron Knight



“I have come from the End of the World.... From the River of Dreams, through the gauntlet and the Briar and the Deep Wyld, in order to stand before you today. I have but one request - to take my place at your side. To resume my duty as your knight, and to protect you and your kingdom for as long as I draw breath.” --The Iron Knight


My Ash: Ben Barnes

12 comments:

  1. I'll admit, I am a fairly recent convert to Team Ash so I'm very happy to grant him some drool-time. Can't say I ever pictured him as Ben Barnes, though he is pretty. I don't know who I would cast as Ash...

    Here's PiF's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *melts*

    Team Ash all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *fansself* Ben Barnes is perfect Ash. Specially when he is prince Caspian XD
    Great choice for MBB and thank you for the awesome Ben Barnes pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, no need to be super creative with Ash. BB is who Kagawa has said she imagines as Ash, and with good reason. The boy is fine!

    I love everything about Ash, especially his true name!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH Ash, how I love him. I actually haven't seen BB as Ash but he would make a fantastic Ash. I normally see BB as Dimitri from VA. BB can play just about anyone and I'd be a happy girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's another series I keep meaning to read but never get round to, next year maybe!

    My book boyfriend

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Ben Barnes is definitely a delicious Ash! I am so obsessed with these quotes! You have done an outstanding job mixing all four novels in to make him irresistibly delicious! This version of Ash gets a 15 out of 10 swoons! hehe.

    PS: I just linked up my book boyfriend post :) He is a delicious Scotsman ;) hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. woahh....so awesome I seriously cant even handle how smoking that BB is...seriously...looking into his eyes makes me blush and he's just on my computer screen...If I saw him in person I would probably fall on the ground sobbing lol GREAT pick!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I seriously need to get to this series. Everyone seems to love Ash, I have to meet him for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thats exactly how I always pictured Ash!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have heard such good things about this series. I'll have to give them a try!

    Reading Lark's Book Boyfriend

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this guy so so much! He made my days in London <3 <3

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.