My Book Boyfriend is an awesome weekly meme hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader all about fictional boys who make us swoon. This week, I'm swooning over Elder from Beth Revis's Across the Universe.
"The gentle hands steady my head again. A face peers into mine. A boy--about Jason's age, but taller and broader and more muscly than Jason had been. Dark olive skin, milk-chocolate eyes with flecks of cinnamon that are narrow at the ends, almost almond-shaped. It's a handsome face, one I want to trust."
- Age: 16 years old
- Appearance: dark hair, olive skin, dark eyes
- Occupation(s): future leader of Godspeed
- He falls for Amy quickly and embraces it.
- Sweet and romantic.
- He desperately wants to be a good leader to the people of Godspeed.
- Doesn't blindly obey his elders.
- Very intelligent and willing to solve problems on his own.
- Seems lonely due to the fact that there isn't anyone close to his age on the ship.
- His origins and purpose are very mysterious.
When I look at the fields, all I can see is how fake they are, how poor an imitation they are of the pictures of Sol-Earth fields. And that's why I'll never be as good an Eldest as he is. Because I like a little chaos.
I want to take her into my arms and hold her tight. But at the same time, I know that is the exact opposite of what she wants. She wants to be free, and all I want is to hold her tight against me.
"Wannagogardenwime?" I ask all in one breath. My eyes grow wide. What came over me? Why would I blurt that out like that?
Power isn’t control at all — power is strength, and giving that strength to others. A leader isn’t someone who forces others to make him stronger; a leader is someone willing to give his strength to others that they may have the strength to stand on their own.
My Elder: Actor Adam Gregory