Tuesday, November 1, 2011

MY BOOK BOYFRIEND (11): Elder


My Book Boyfriend is an awesome weekly meme hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader all about fictional boys who make us swoon.  This week, I'm swooning over Elder from Beth Revis's Across the Universe.

First Impressions:


"The gentle hands steady my head again.  A face peers into mine.  A boy--about Jason's age, but taller and broader and more muscly than Jason had been.  Dark olive skin, milk-chocolate eyes with flecks of cinnamon that are narrow at the ends, almost almond-shaped.  It's a handsome face, one I want to trust."

About Elder:
  • Age: 16 years old
  • Appearance: dark hair, olive skin, dark eyes
  • Occupation(s): future leader of Godspeed
Why I Love Elder:
  • He falls for Amy quickly and embraces it.
  • Sweet and romantic.
  • He desperately wants to be a good leader to the people of Godspeed.
  • Doesn't blindly obey his elders.
  • Very intelligent and willing to solve problems on his own.
  • Seems lonely due to the fact that there isn't anyone close to his age on the ship.
  • His origins and purpose are very mysterious.
Quotes:


When I look at the fields, all I can see is how fake they are, how poor an imitation they are of the pictures of Sol-Earth fields. And that's why I'll never be as good an Eldest as he is. Because I like a little chaos.



I want to take her into my arms and hold her tight. But at the same time, I know that is the exact opposite of what she wants. She wants to be free, and all I want is to hold her tight against me.


"Wannagogardenwime?" I ask all in one breath.  My eyes grow wide.  What came over me?  Why would I blurt that out like that?


Power isn’t control at all — power is strength, and giving that strength to others. A leader isn’t someone who forces others to make him stronger; a leader is someone willing to give his strength to others that they may have the strength to stand on their own.


My Elder: Actor Adam Gregory

11 comments:

  1. I love those quotes (the first 2 are my very favorite) and Adam is a great choice, I could picture him as Elder :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam Gregory's smile totally melts me! I haven't read this book yet, but Elder sounds like a sweet guy. His dedication to his people seems very admirable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is a cute Elder. I don't think I ever formed a good picture of Elder when reading this book, but you've done a great job for me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He seriously has the most amazing smile, ever! I have actually had this book on my Kindle, forever! I really need to get on top of him...eehhh...I mean it. It. Reading it. o_o Nice pick!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seriously have a HUGE crush on Elder and the book. I can not wait to read A Million Suns, and it's great to know a fellow blogger shares my love for Elder as well :)

    Adam is a great choice for Elder, I had the hardest time trying to find Elder for my post. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never quite knew who to picture when I think of elder...he's just...different you know?? The closest I ever came to picturing him was actually a picture of another character on a book that I read when I was younger...Adam is a pretty good choice though...I like him a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh good choice for Elder. You know I see this book as more swooning now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elder! oh, i love Elder! great choice. your actor's perfect!

    Here's PiF's

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haven't read this book, but I love adam! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great choice !! I absolutely love the quotes and photo's that go along with them! :) I haven't heard of this book before but I may have to go and check it out just because of Elder! hehe.

    My Book Boyfriend was a little late being posted, so if you have time check mine out :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love Elder! Love Adam Gregory! Perfect choice!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.