Tuesday, October 18, 2011

MY BOOK BOYFRIEND (9): Cricket Bell


My Book Boyfriend is an awesome weekly meme hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader all about fictional boys who make us swoon.  This week, I'm swooning over Cricket Bell from Stephanie Perkins's Lola and the Boy Next Door.

First Impressions:


He's sitting in his window.  Literally sitting in it.  His butt is on the windowsill, and his legs--impossibly long and slender--are dangling against the side of his house, two stories above the ground.  And his hands are folded in his lap as if spying on his unsuspecting female neighbor was the most natural thing in the world.


About Cricket:

  • Full Name: Cricket Graham Bell
  • Age: 18 years old
  • Appearance: dark, inverted floppy hair (like a mad scientist), blue eyes, extremely tall
  • Occupation(s): university student, inventor

Why I Love Cricket:
  • He's an inventor that specializes in Rube Goldberg-esque inventions.
  • He's been in love with Lola forever.
  • He helps his sister with her costumes and hair during ice skating competitions.
  • He's sweet and caring.
  • He is comfortable with Lola's parents.
Quotes and Pics:




“Perfect is overrated. Perfect is boring."
I smile. "You don't think I'm perfect?"
"No. You're delightfully screwy, and I wouldn't have you any other way.”







“Remember that day I made you the elevator?” he suddenly asks.
I give him a faint smile. “How could I forget?”
“That was the day I had my first kiss.”
My smile fades.
“I’m better now,” He sets the apple beside me. “At kissing, just so you know.”



"So do you believe in second chances?" I bite my lip.
"Second, third, fourth. Whatever it takes. However long it takes. If the person is right," he adds.
"If the person is... Lola?"
This time, he holds my gaze. "Only if the other person is Cricket.”






There's something about blue eyes. The kind of blue that startles you every time they're lifted in your direction. The kind of blue that makes you ache for them to look at you again. Not the blue green or blue gray, the blue that's just blue.  Cricket has those eyes.









My Cricket: Actor Penn Badgley from Gossip Girl and John Tucker Must Die.  I know he doesn't have blue eyes, but he could always wear contacts!


 

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha, I forgot that Penn was in John Tucker Must Die! Loved him in that movie.

    Cricket sounds amazing. I love that second chance scene. It made my heart melt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just ordered Lola and the Boy Next Door from Book Depository, can't wait to read it. I'm itching to meet Cricket myself, have heard nothing but good things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehehe, he seems so down to earth!! I love him, now I am definitely debating picking up a copy of "Lola and the Boy Next Door" :) Fabulous quotes! And I love the pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of this one before. I'm interested now!

    Reading Lark's Book Boyfriend

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.