Wednesday, October 5, 2011

MY BOOK BOYFRIEND (7): Anthony Bridgerton


My Book Boyfriend is an awesome weekly meme hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader all about fictional boys who make us swoon.  This week, I'm swooning over Anthony Bridgerton from Julia Quinn's The Viscount Who Loved Me.

First Impressions:
"The viscount, Kate noted with irritation, was blindingly handsome.  Dressed in stark black and white, he eschewed the garish colors that had become popular among the more foppish members of the ton.  He was tall, stood straight and proud, and had thick chestnut hair that tended to fall forward over his brow.  He was, on the surface at least, everything man was meant to be." 


About Anthony:
  • Full Name: Anthony Bridgerton, Viscount Bridgerton
  • Appearance: brown hair, brown eyes, tall, muscular
  • Occupation(s): viscount, landowner, politician
Why I Love Anthony:
  • He takes care of his family.
  • He idolized his father and thinks he will never live up to his example.
  • He's a vicious Pall Mall player.
  • He is ashamed of his fear of bees.
  • He takes pity on wallflowers.
Quotes and Pics:

“He was no fool; he knew that love existed. But he also believed in the power of the mind, and perhaps even more importantly, the power of the will. Frankly, he saw no reason why love should be an involuntary thing. If he didn’t want to fall in love, then by damn, he wasn’t going to. It was as simple as that. It had to be as simple as that.”

“Listen to me," his voice even and intense,"and listen well, because I'm only going to say this once. I desire you. I burn for you. I can't sleep at night for wanting you. Even when I didn't like you, I lusted for you. It's the most maddening thing, beguiling, damnable thing, but there it is. And if I'm to hear one more word of nonsense from your lips, I'm going to have to tie you to the bed bloody bed and have my way with you a hundred different ways, until you finally get it through your silly skull that you are the most beautiful and desirable woman in England, and if anyone else doesn't see that they're bloody fools.”


“I have to tell you it was the first time even after all these years of expecting my own death that I truly knew what it meant to die because with you gone there was nothing left for me to live for.”


“Love's about finding the one person who makes your heart complete. Who makes you a better person than you ever dreamed you could be. Its about looking in the eyes of your wife and knowing all the way to your bones that she's simply the best person you've ever known."

My Anthony: Actor Richard Armitage

8 comments:

  1. I love the quotes you picked. Great choice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anthony sounds awesome! And Richard portraits him quite nicely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh I love Richard Armitage and he looks perfect for this role.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Richard Armitage is so dreamy, and it seems Anthony is pretty dreamy himself. I love those quotes. Declarations of love were so powerful and full of passion back then. Thanks for sharing those quotes. Totally made me swoon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Anthony would be a perfect choice for almost any of Julia Quinn's leading men. He just has that carriage and style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read this but Anthony sounds wonderful, and Richard Armitage seems perfect for him! Love those quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah Richard Armitage. Hottie! Awesome. *sigh*
    -Jess

    ReplyDelete
  8. Richard Armitage is a perfect Anthony :) Great Choice.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.