Saturday, September 17, 2011

ON MY WISHLIST (3)



On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where we list all the books we desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. It's also an event that you can join in with too. 

Here's what is on my wishlist this week:


Really liked the first two books in this series.  This one seems to be an either you love or you hate it, so I'm interested to see my take on it. 

Title: Breathless (House of Rohan #3)
Author: Anne Stuart
Publisher: Mira
Publication Date: October 2010 
Description (from Goodreads): Ruined beyond repair and shunned by London society, lovely Miranda Rohan rebelliously embraces the freedom that comes from having nothing left to lose. However, this dangerous course throws her under the power of the darkly enigmatic Lucien de Malheur—known to many as the Scorpion.
Seeking to destroy the Rohans, Lucien traps Miranda in a marriage she thinks is based on friendship but instead is rooted in vengeance. Yet even when she realizes the truth, their enmity fuels a shocking passion—and perhaps even more.

Interesting Review/Recommendation: Danielle's Book Thoughts



I love this concept and the reviews I've read are extremely flattering.

Title: Eon: Dragoneye Reborn (Eon #1)
Author: Alison Goodman
Publisher: Viking Juvenile
Publication Date: December 2008
Description (from Goodreads): Eon has been studying the ancient art of Dragon Magic for four years, hoping he'll be able to apprentice to one of the twelve energy dragons of good fortune. But he also has a dark secret. He is actually Eona, a sixteen-year-old girl who has been living a dangerous lie for the chance to become a Dragon-eye, the human link to an energy dragon's power. It is forbidden for females to practice the Dragon Magic and, if discovered, Eon faces a terrible death. After a dazzling sword ceremony, Eon's affinity with the twelve dragons catapults him into the treacherous world of the Imperial court, where he makes a powerful enemy, Lord Ido. As tension builds and Eon's desperate lie comes to light, readers won't be able to stop turning the pages...
Interesting Review/Recommendation: About Happy Books



 I love strong female characters and Rogan sounds intriguing.  Plus I like the twist on the Sleeping Beauty fairytale. 

Title: Slumber (Chronicles of the Fade #1)
Author: Samantha Young
Publisher: Create Space
Publication Date: May 2011
Description (from Goodreads): A sleeping beauty may be the damsel in distress, but her White Knight? Why her rather un-knightish best friend of course. And the White Knight’s White Knight? Well… none other than her reluctant mortal enemy…
When Haydyn falls victim to the mysterious Sleeping Disease, the world of Phaedra is thrown into Chaos. Rogan, Haydyn’s best friend and handmaiden, is the only one who can save her. Together, with the Royal Guard and their young Captain, Wolfe Stovia, Rogan must set off across the provinces to find the Somna Plant that will wake Haydyn from her dying sleep.
Beset on all sides by the chaos, Rogan tumbles into a dark world of kidnapping, prejudice, betrayal and love… a journey that will change her forever, and a journey that will change their world forever, if she does not retrieve the cure.

3 comments:

  1. Like the cover of Slumber. Sounds interesting. New follower. Come visit me over at Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy reading. My current wish is for a lovely children's book I cataloged during my internship. Please come see what it is and what other things I'm wishing for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, there! I'm a new follower, and I LOVE your selections!! I enjoy reading novels with strong female characters,too. And by the way, what drew me to your blog was the title -- very original! I also like the visual aspect of the blog.

    As for these books, they're going straight into my TBR pile!1 : )

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.