Tuesday, September 27, 2011

MY BOOK BOYFRIEND (6): Owen Armstrong


My Book Boyfriend is an awesome weekly meme hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader all about fictional boys who make us swoon.  This week, I'm swooning over Owen Armstrong from Sarah Dessen's Just Listen.

First Impressions: 

"All the information I possessed about Owen Armstrong I'd gotten from a distance.  Like that he was tall and muscular, with broad shoulders and thick biceps.  And he always wore boots with thick rubber soles that made him seem even bigger, his steps heavier.  His hair was dark and cut short, spiking up a bit at the top, and I'd never once seen him without his iPod and earphones, which he wore inside, outside, in class, out of class."

About Owen:
  • Full Name: Owen Armstrong
  • Appearance: dark hair, green eyes, freckles, tall, muscular 
  • Occupation(s): radio DJ
Why I Love Owen:
  • He is obsessed with music of all kinds.
  • He's a great big brother.
  • He's honest.
  • He uses quotes from his Anger Management classes.
  • He's the first person to see Annabel for who she really is.
  • He stands up for what he believes in.
Quotes:


"Some people think they like music, but they have no idea what it's really all about.  They're kidding themselves.  Then there are people who feel strongly about music, but just aren't listening to the right stuff.  They're misguided.  And then there are people like me."

"I mean, at first, it was kind of disappointing.  But people recover from disappointment.  Otherwise we'd all be hanging from nooses.  Right?"

"My point is, I don't know you as someone who gets their picture taken in a cheerleading outfit.  Or even as a model, period.  That's not you to me."

"Then he shifted, moving closer to me, and I felt his arm press against mine, his skin warm.  And then, finally, Owen kissed me--really kissed me--and I couldn't hear anything: not the water, the music, or even my own heart, which had to be pounding.  Instead, it was just silence, the very best kind, stretching out forever, or only a moment, and then it was over."

My Owen: Actor Tom Welling of Smallville fame.





6 comments:

  1. "That's not you to me."

    How freaking adorable is Owen. He knows her so well and isn't afraid to call her out when she is posing. I haven't read this book yet, but I do have it on my shelves. Must make time for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have a soft spot for Tom Welling - and Owen sounds adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to reread this book. Sarah Dessen always manages to throw swoony quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't read any Sarah Dessen - I know, I must remedy that asap! Owen sounds lovely, and I adore Tom Welling! Thanks for the shirtless pic :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO cute! I've been meaning to read Sarah Dessen for a while now.

    Jesse @ Pretty In Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like Owen - and Tom Welling as well.

    Nice pick. :)

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.