Tuesday, September 20, 2011

MY BOOK BOYFRIEND (5): Victor Bramwell, Earl of Rycliff


My Book Boyfriend is an awesome weekly meme hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader all about fictional boys who make us swoon.  This week, I'm swooning over Victor Bramwell from Tessa Dare's newest historical romance, A Night to Surrender.

First Impressions: 

"After the dust cleared, she brushed the hair from his brow, searching his gaze for signs of confusion or pain.  His eyes were alert and intelligent, and still that startling shade of green--as hard and richly hued as jade."

About Bram:
  • Full Name: Victor St. George Bramwell
  • Appearance: dark brown hair, green eyes 
  • Occupation(s): Lieutenant Colonel, Earl of Rycliff
Why I Love Bram:
  • He's a soldier and has little desire to be a lord.
  • He takes care of his cousin.
  • He loves intelligent women.
  • He cares about the men under his command.
  • He is desperately in need of a home and love.
Quotes and Pics:


"We're going to have this out, you and me.  Right here.  Right now.  I'm going to tell you every wild, erotic, depraved thought you've inspired, and then you're going to run home scared.  Lock your bedchamber door and stay there for the next month so I can concentrate and do my damned duty."


"No, no.  Don't make that face.  Every time I propose to you, you make that twisty, unhappy face.  It wears on a man's confidence."


"I promise to stay at your side, " he said, "until this is all over.  And for the lifetime after that.  Now, make your promise to me."  His eyes glistened, and his voice was rough with emotion.  "Promise me, Susanna.  Tell me you won't die.  I can't go on without you, love."


"If you think that rifled cannon will be your greatest invention, you're a fool.  Your greatest invention is right here, sleeping in this bed.  Susanna is your legacy.  And in your pride, you almost lost her."


"No, Susanna, " he said.  "I cannot love you just a little.  If that's what you want, you must find a different man."  His green eyes were breathtaking in their intensity.  His thumb brushed her bottom lip.  "Because I can only love you entirely.  With everything I am, and everything I ever will be.  Body, mind, heart, soul."


My Bram: Actor Ioan Gruffudd

6 comments:

  1. Jennifer,

    I just saw this actor last night on T.V. in that new show, The Ringer. Yes! He is a hottie!

    And Victor is so very swoon. I love that first quote. Not exactly an office and a gentleman, and I'm thinking that is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh I love Ioan Gruffudd!!! Can never get enough of him. Love those quotes too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Victor St. George Bramwell,

    I will give you love and a home. Lots of love and lots of home.

    Love,
    Liza

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great man! I want him! I want to give lots of love and lots of home too just like Liza does.
    -Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gah! Jennifer, I LOVE Iona Gruffudd! His voice is sexy and I just want to melt right into him. YUMMY! This book actually sounds AMAZING! I must get my hands on it. :D

    Jen
    “My mum has one just the same and you have no idea how disturbing it is that it’s turning me on.”

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.