My Book Boyfriend is an awesome weekly meme hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader all about fictional boys who make us swoon. This week, I'm swooning over Valerius Magnus from Sherrilyn Kenyon's Seize the Night which is the sixth installment in the epic Dark Hunters series.
"She had to admit that Valerius looked extremely handsome in her bed. His long black hair was down, and draped around his face. His features were perfectly chiseled as if by some master artist. And that body of his . . . Really, no man should look that yummy."
- Full Name: Valerius Magnus
- DOB: 152 BC
- Appearance: black hair, black eyes, 6'6, muscular build
- Occupation(s): Dark Hunter, formerly Roman general
- He loves to read especially science fiction!
- He's willing to do anything for those he cares about including acting as an escort for a drag queen pageant....lol.
- Even though many of the Dark Hunters hate him for no good reason, he still cares about them and his job.
- He has impeccable table manners and cleans up after himself.
- He epitomizes the idea of cold as ice on the outside, hot as fire on the inside!
- He has had to rely on his own strength and cleverness to kill Daimons rather than psychic powers like other Dark Hunters.
- He loves his wife for being the impulsive, aggressive, and unique woman that she is.
"I'm not human, Ms. Devereaux. In case you haven't noticed, I'm one of the damned."
"I'm not stupid. I've seen the people who are your friends. None of them look like me. None of them act or speak like me. All of you mock anyone you see who looks or acts like I do. Your kind hates us. You dismiss us. I'm rich and cultured, I come from a noble Roman family, therefore I must think myself above everybody else, so it's okay to be vicious and cold whenever I'm around. We have no feelings to hurt."
"I don't give a damn who you are, I'll throw you out. No one talks to her like that. No one. There is nothing wrong with Tabitha. She's nothing but kindness to anyone. If you can't see all her good qualities, then there's something seriously wrong with you."
"You have so much fire inside you. It warms me every time you near me."
" 'No, that ring means that the wearer is worth his or her weight in gold. See?" He held it up so that she could see the regal crest.'
A slow smile spread across her face. 'I'm worth my weight in gold?'
Valerius moved her hand to his lips so that he could kiss it. 'You're worth a lot more than that to me'."
My Valerius: Actor Eric Bana...though he needs longer hair to play the perfect Val.