Tuesday, September 6, 2011

MY BOOK BOYFRIEND (3): Bobby Tom Denton


My Book Boyfriend is an awesome weekly meme hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader all about fictional boys who make us swoon.This week, I'm swooning over Bobby Tom Denton from Susan Elizabeth Phillip's Heaven, Texas.

First Appearance:
"Today Bobby Tom was dressed almost conservatively in white linen trousers, a lavender silk shirt, his purple lizardskin boots, and a light gray Stetson.  The former wide receiver didn't go anywhere without a Stetson.  Some of his gilfriends swore he even made love earing it." (page 1)

About Bobby Tom:
  • Full Name: Bobby  Tom Denton
  • Age: 33
  • Appearance: blonde hair, blue eyes, tall, muscular
  • Occupation(s): former NFL wide receiver for the Chicago Stars
Why I Love Bobby Tom:
  • Former football player
  • Sense of humor
  • Completely selfless with his time and money
  • Falls in love with a wallflower, plain jane-type heroine.
  • Has one of the best grovel scenes I've ever read!
Swoon-worthy Quotes:

 "I happen to be immature, undisciplined, and self-centered, pretty much a little boy in a man's body, although I'd appreciate it if you didn't quote me on that."

"Gracie: You have an unusual house. Have you lived here long?
Bobby Tom: A couple of years. I don't much like it myself, but the architect is real proud of it. She calls it urban Stone Age with a Japanese Tahitian influence. I sort of just call it ugly."


"He settled his hat back into position. She was a rookie in her first big game, and he’d never let her see how close she’d come to unseating a champion."


"I love you so much, sweetheart.  Tell me you're going to forgive me for last night?  Everything you said about me is right, I know; I'm insensitive, selfish, egotistical, a lot of other things.  But I'm going to change.  I swear it.  If you marry me, I'll change.  Just don't leave me, because I love you too much."

My Bobby Tom: The always delicious Texan, Matthew McConaughey!

6 comments:

  1. Yes! MM is totally delicious and if he is your Bobby, then I must read this! I'm so interesting in this grovel scene. I bet its fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I haven't read this but MM seems like perfect casting! Great choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh nice. I like MM but I just think he's a little "I really am good looking" he just knows he is so he plays on it and I hate men like that. Excellent pick though :)
    -Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw this sounds wonderful. I almost welled up at "Just don't leave me, because I love you too much."
    Excellent choice with Matthew McConaughey. The name Bobby Tom suits him!

    Lucy

    http://lily-bookhaven.blogspot.com/
    (Be sure to check out my giveaway!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. *shiver* Matthew...mmm! Great pick this week, love the quotes!

    Here's mine: http://simpleloveofreading.blogspot.com/2011/09/my-book-boyfriend-33.html

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.