Announcement

Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews is currently on hiatus. I hope to return to blogging sooner rather than later.

I will still be posting mini book reviews on Goodreads and talking books on Twitter so feel free to find me there.

Thank you and happy reading1


Friday, September 16, 2011

REVIEW: "When Beauty Tamed the Beast" by Eloisa James


Miss Linnet Berry Thrynne is a Beauty . . . Naturally, she's betrothed to a Beast.
Piers Yelverton, Earl of Marchant, lives in a castle in Wales where, it is rumored, his bad temper flays everyone he crosses. And rumor also has it that a wound has left the earl immune to the charms of any woman.
Linnet is not just any woman.  She is more than merely lovely: her wit and charm brought a prince to his knees. She estimates the earl will fall madly in love—in just two weeks. Yet Linnet has no idea of the danger posed to her own heart by a man who may never love her in return. If she decides to be very wicked indeed . . . what price will she pay for taming his wild heart?


PUBLICATION DATE: February 2011
READ: February 2011
GENRE: Historical Romance--Regency
SETTING: England
SERIES: Happily Ever After #2
HERO: Piers Yelverton, Earl of Marchant
HEROINE: Linnet Berry Thynne
SENSUALITY RATING: Hot

OVERALL RANKING: 5 out of 5 Stars

This was my first 5 Star rating of 2011!  I had been looking forward to this book for months since I love Eloisa James's work. I am also a huge fan of fairytale re-tellings and this one took my beloved "Beauty and the Beast" tale and turned it on its head!

Piers (the hero) is unique due to the fact that he's an aristocrat and a successful doctor though not a gentle country doctor. It is pretty obvious who EJ's inspiration for Piers was, but it works so well! And Linnet is an amazing heroine who readers can tell was just right for Piers from the first time they spoke to each other. The exchanges between these two is worth the price of admission alone!

The secondary characters also help make this such a winning story. Piers's surgeon partner was a great foil while the three "doctors in training" just made me laugh out loud at times. I also fell in love with the backstory of Piers's mom and dad. It was sad at times, but ended up being a huge bonus by the end.

All in all, I absolutely loved this book and cannot wait for more of Ms. James's fairytales!

FAVORITE QUOTE:

"I love you," he said, his voice catching. "When I thought you were going to die, I wanted to die." --Piers


INTERESTING LINKS:

When Beauty Tamed the Beast's Amazon Page
When Beauty Tamed the Beast's Goodreads Page
Eloisa James's Author Website
All About Romance's Review
The Romance Reader's Review

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.