Wednesday, August 31, 2011

MY BOOK BOYFRIEND (2) Bones



My Book Boyfriend is an awesome weekly meme hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader all about fictional boys who make us swoon.This week, I'm swooning over Bones from the Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost.  This series currently consists of five books: Halfway to the Grave, One Foot in the Grave, At Grave's End, Destined for an Early Grave, and This Side of the Grave with the sixth installment (One Grave at a Time) being released yesterday.

First Appearance: "Out of the light and obscured by shadows, I saw the top of a man's head bent forward.  His hair was nearly white under the intermittent lighting, but his skin was unlined.  Hollows and contours became features as he looked up and spotted me staring at him.  His brows were distinctly darker than his hair, which appeared to be light blond.  Those eyes were dark as well, too deep for me to guess a color.  His cheekbones could have been chiseled from marble, and that flawless diamonds-and-cream skin glamed from under his shirt collar." (Halfway to the Grave-Page 4)

About Bones:
  • Full Name: Crispin Phillip Arthur Russell III (His prostitute mother thought adding numbers gave the name a sense of dignity)
  • Age: 241 years old (first meeting)
  • Appearance: platinum blond hair (first meeting), honey brown hair (rest of the time), brown eyes, pale skin, angelic features
  • Occupation(s): former male prostitute, bounty hunter, master vampire
Why Bones Is My Master Vampire:
  • He's a 200-plus year old vampire who can fly and hypnotize humans.
  • He's a former gigolo who loves to use his considerable talents to satisfy his wife. (See the infamous Chapter 32 of One Foot in the Grave)
  • He used to be a vampire bounty hunter which is how he met his wife.
  • He fell in love with Cat early on and was not afraid to tell her about his feelings.
  • He's got a great sense of humor even in the darkest times.
  • He loves to change his hair color and disguise himself.
  • He's extremely protective of Cat, but always lets her fight when she needs to.
Swoon-worthy Quotes:

"If you run from me, I will chase you, and I'll find you...." (Halfway to the Grave-Page 202)


"I want your heart the most. Above all else. You're exactly right, I won't stop until I have it." (Halfway to the Grave-Page 274)
"Kitten, you need to make a decision. Either we stay here and behave or we leave now
and I promise you”—his voice dipped lower and the words fell against my lips—“if we
leave, I won’t behave." (Halfway to the Grave-Page 117)


"Don't care for her tongue, do you? How strange. I find it one of my favorite parts." (Destined for an Early Grave-Page 306)


"I love your hands,” he sighed. “You think I look like an angel? Well, Kitten, your hands are my heaven and your eyes are my home." (This Side of the Grave-Page 201)

My Bones:  Like many other readers, I found it very difficult to find someone to embody the luscious Bones.  The closest I found is the model Andy Richardson.  The rest of the pictures are the stepbacks from the Night Huntress novels.  I do not know who the cover model is for Bones, but he is yummy!  If anyone knows who this man is, I would be extremely appreciative!




3 comments:

  1. BONES!!!!!!!!!!!! I love that bastard son of a whore.

    Andy Richardson works for me, especially in the first picture! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is the best casting of Bones I've ever seen. He can be my whore any day of the week! Bones baby...I don't need any sparkle from you, love!

    Jen
    In the Closet With a Bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to be a Proud Member of Bones is Mine club too! ;) I love these books! Check out my book signing with Jeaniene Frost http://divabookreviews.blogspot.com/2011/10/book-signing-with-jeaniene-frost.html
    I am also getting ready to post a giveaway for a signed copy of One Grave at a Time. :)

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.