Wednesday, August 24, 2011

MY BOOK BOYFRIEND (1) Maddox deValois



My Book Boyfriend is an awesome weekly meme hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader all about fictional boys who make us swoon.This week, I'm swooning over Maddox deValois from the first book in Devyn Quinn's Vampire Armageddon series, Darkness Descending.

First Appearance: "All at once, a man's figure materialized in its place, silhouetted in the shadows.  Tall and lean as whipcord, he was dressed in some sort of lengthy trench coat.  Untangling a long, slender object from the folds of his coat, he lifted his weapon and placed it against his shoulder.  The moonlight glinted off the cool gray metal of a sawed-off shotgun."  (Page 10)

About Maddox:
  • Full Name: Maddox deValois
  • Age: 270 years old
  • Appearance: brownish red curly hair, dark eyes, lean frame 
  • Occupation(s): Palindrome, vampire hunter
Why He's Awesome:
  • French accent
  • Doesn't mind walking naked around his house, even if he has a female guest
  • Complex history especially for a vampire hunter
  • Is determined to help Jesse despite the fact that she is infected by the very demons Maddox fights
  • Unwillingly heroic
Swoon-worthy Quotes:

"Rather than being horrified, Maddox found himself strangely spellbound by her narrative.  He wondered if he would have been so strong had their positions been reversed.  Could he have resisted the call of damnation?" (Page 56)

"I wasn't looking, " she mumbled.  Maddox stepped into his jeans, hitching them up around his hips.  "I don't mind if you were.  Its not as though any man is born with his ass covered." (Page 68)

"Lurking inside Jesse was the beast he craved.  At the moment he desired nothing more than to sacrifice himself to her.  Whatever she needed, whatever she wanted, he would offer it.  Willingly and without hesitation." (Page 177)

"I want you to know that I see you.  I know what you are.  And I'll help you figure it out every step of the way." (Page 186)

"As long as she's alive, I don't care what she is." (Page 353)

My Maddox: Actor James Franco who is well-known for roles in Spiderman, Pinepple Express, 127 Hours, and many more.

5 comments:

  1. Oooh he sounds incredible. I haven't read this book, in fact I haven't heard about it. I love James Franco too. Awesome pick :)
    -Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maddox, that's okay, I don't mind you walking around naked. I love that first pic. I have a thing for guys with hair like that! *sigh* I really just want to run my fingers through it over and over. James Franco seems like the perfect pick. Jennifer, I keep scrolling up to stare at his hair, LOL! Awesome post!

    Jen
    In the Closet With a Bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! The Vampire Armageddon series sounds so good. I just put the first book on my wish list. Maddox sounds so sexy. I wouldn't mind him walking around nekkid in front of me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, Love, Love James Franco. He sounds perfect for Maddox!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...that's not who I would have cast as Maddox...but I do love me some James Franco! Happy Hump Day!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.